BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!
I have a 2002 with m-audio/dsp. The audio signal from my cd changer is digital coax. My question is the volume control of the audio signal output of the digital connection. Say, is the level output of the digital coax connection controlled by the radio? Or, is the level ouput of the digital coax connection already at a constant level and the radio is controlling it by attenuation/amplification? The reason is, I have a alpine h701 processor that will take a digital coax input. Maybe I can directly connect the cd changer to that, and it will automatically switch to the digital coax input. Say if the cd changer coax output is controlled by the radio, I wouldn't have a problem. But if the cd changer coax output is at a constant line ouput, I would have no volume control. Anyone know??? THANKS!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi!
I have a 2002 with m-audio/dsp. The audio signal from my cd changer is digital coax. My question is the volume control of the audio signal output of the digital connection. Say, is the level output of the digital coax connection controlled by the radio? Or, is the level ouput of the digital coax connection already at a constant level and the radio is controlling it by attenuation/amplification? The reason is, I have a alpine h701 processor that will take a digital coax input. Maybe I can directly connect the cd changer to that, and it will automatically switch to the digital coax input. Say if the cd changer coax output is controlled by the radio, I wouldn't have a problem. But if the cd changer coax output is at a constant line ouput, I would have no volume control. Anyone know??? THANKS!!
EDIT: Ok I can see how this wouldn't work. Just thought about NAV integration how it'll need to do the voice over. It did however sounded like a good way to go digital coax directly to the processor. I guess I will order the analog converter harness!

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
Hi!
Digital coax or analog connection doesn't matter - the CD Changer outputs a constant volume signal to the radio unit. Whatever you choose to provide the signal to has to be able to attenuate / amplify through its own volume control.

d-

1 - 3 of 3 Posts