BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace the rear rotors on my car. I know there will be a big debate between OEM vs. aftermarket, but basically I need to get a pair on a reasonable budget. I'd be grateful for any recommendations.

I've found the part number 34212229379 to start - are the left and right rotors identical, or must I find a different one for each side?

The car is street and spirited-backroad driving only; no track/autocross etc.

Thanks!

·
Registered
6,632 Posts

·
Registered
1,872 Posts

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
World Pac suppier is probably the cheapest, but many auto shops have them. You need to have a business account with them. I got 80 a piece for front rotors.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Rockauto.. Centeric high carbon for ~100/ pair

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Apparently they're the same rears for the E46 M3 per Pelican web site. OEM brand is listed as making them for BMW, $76ea. Several brands available. It will say how many in stock, shows only one today? BMW branded one is listed too.

Pelican Parts - European Automotive Parts and Accessories - Porsche • BMW • Mercedes • Volkswagen • Audi • Saab • Volvo • MINI

If you're trying to keep costs down check minimum thickness on discs and just get them resurfaced for about $15 each. Rears don't take quite such a hard beating as the fronts.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Tire rack is also having a good deal on rotors for the month free shipping also

·
Registered
272 Posts
I got front and rear Stoptech/centric from Turnermotorsport this winter.

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
OE=BMW
OEM= whatever manufacturer made the OE rotors

Which does OP want?????????????

1 - 9 of 9 Posts