BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Front will need spacers for the 4 piston. Rears will clear, but you'll have like 2-3mm of clearance.
So they i would have to put my rear wheel up front and the OEM m5 wheel in the rear? I was thinking of doing that. Like i said the car wont be moving, i just need for it to be stationary haha

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Yea you will be fine clearing the rear brakes. It is the front that causes issues.

Sounds like you need a jack stand

·
Company Representative for Brecus Motorsport
773 Posts
Most likely yes if you have the 4 piston 355mm. There are manufacturing differences between OEM wheels and some fit better than others. On my personal car the OEM wheels actually fit over my 4 piston 355 kit without any spacer. I know your not driving but just so you know... our in-house rule of thumb is for space clearance is 2 business cards. :eek7:

The 6 piston 380mm kit will not fit under OEM 18" wheels.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
To sum it all up for you, there's only one way to find out..

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
jesus...what a PITA...does NOT fit. I guess i have the 388mm 6 piston one, the wheel wouldnt even sit on the hub.

·
Company Representative for Brecus Motorsport
773 Posts
jesus...what a PITA...does NOT fit. I guess i have the 388mm 6 piston one, the wheel wouldnt even sit on the hub.
Yup... you would need a 19" wheel to clear those then. What exactly are you trying to do? :dunno:

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yup... you would need a 19" wheel to clear those then. What exactly are you trying to do? :dunno:
Basically one of my DPE wheels leaked air. And since i have a BBK, the valves are shortened, so you need a special valve to screw into it in order to pump air into the tire. So basically what i was trying to do since i do not have this valve, is to take it to a tire shop that said would change the valves out to normal ones. So i tried to take the rear tire off of my DPE n pop them in the front, and put the OEM in the rear. I did not feel safe leaving a car on a jack for 2-3 hours :crying2: So now i have to think of something else

·
Registered
178 Posts
Unless you have a 6.0 earthquake or a tornado blow through, four 3-ton jack stands would be more than adequate in supporting your vehicle for hours, days, or weeks.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Unless you have a 6.0 earthquake or a tornado blow through, four 3-ton jack stands would be more than adequate in supporting your vehicle for hours, days, or weeks.
I dont have jack stands, just a jack. That supports 2tons i just bought from Kragen.

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
you don't have a measuring tape or measuring square?

that's how I tell how large the rotors are and you can measure and determine clearance.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts