BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noticed today that the outer edge of one of my rear tyres is virtually bald. The other rear and fronts are fine. I had a four wheel alignment done about 5k miles ago and the car feels fine on the road. I haven't kerbed the car - could it still be an alignment problem or could there be something worn in the rear suspension that is affecting tyre wear?
The car's done 96k and is a 2001 facelift model.

·
Registered
12,393 Posts
Simple:

Post up your prior alignment results!

If you just "had it done" and all you got was "all done" then you have no data on which to evaluate your current wear pattern....

·
Registered
6,642 Posts
Also possible it is the ball joint and integral link on the way out.They often produce this kind of wear pattern,even with correct alignment.

But please post up the alignment papers as ard suggested!
then we can rule this out at least!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Guys, thanks for the responses. I went back to the place where I'd had the recent alignment and the rears were quite a way out of line. It turns out two of the stretch bolts used to adjust the rear suspension had broken, hence the alignment going out. A couple of new bolts later and problem fixed, the car feels great again.
I've mentioned them before, but I would recommend Wheels in Motion in Chesham again, they fitted the new bolts and did a repeat alignment free of charge.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.