BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Tubi x pipe to a muffler delete, and have noticed an odd phenomenon with this new setup: lots of vibration. I can feel it from underneath when it passes a certain RPM range (~2600-3400). It almost feels like there's too much pressure in there, but I have no idea how this could be possible... Anyone ever encountered anything like this before?

·
Registered
678 Posts
You should confirm that the exhaust is NOT hitting anywhere, that the rubber bushings at each hanger point is still attached and confirm that the mounting points at the rear (where the mufflers used to hang) are isolated. This exhaust vibration has been around since the 30's when people started "hot rodding" their cars. You have changed the harmonic vibrations within the pipes and somewhere there is a point of contact within the system not isolated from the body by rubber mounts.

Did the installer weld up some hangers in the rear without any thought to isolation of those vibrations?

Many people have converted to muffler-less without this issues. Suggestion: read the entire posts from Timmy on his tips.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts