BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

October 6, 2012 M5board Valencia Canyon Run

10K views 82 replies 17 participants last post by  Revo 
#1 ·
Thought since our usual run route aka GMR is in the fire zone for the moment it gives us the opportunity to try out a new set of roads in SoCal.

Date: October 6, 2012
Where: (AE PERFORMANCE) 28309 Constellation Rd Valencia, CA 91355
When: Meet around 8:00am-9:30am and we will depart at 10:00am.

NOTE: Please have a full tank of gas when you arrive @ AE Performance in the morning.

AE Performance holds there open house every first saturday of the month. They have a awesome car collection & are great hosts. Its almost like a mini version of Cars & Coffe. I'll hand out the route there. The route can be described as the extended version of the Nurburgring Nordschleife, I think you guys will love it.

Please keep an eye on the thread close to meet and run date in case things change. Trying to figure out a place to have lunch after the run.

1. Khyber
2. ykjones

See less See more
#2 ·
Sounds like fun and Kyber said no bikes on the route either. :M5launch: Also sounds like a day at Magic Mountain afterwards to continue the thrills :biggrin:

I can get discounted tickets Magic Mountain as a retired Marine. I think the max they'll let me purchase is 4 tickets. Tickets are $61.99 at the gate and I can get 4 tickets for $34.00 each. The 1st four to request tickets, I'll get the discounted ticket for you. No, they aren't free :nono: either, you will pay me for them at the run. :cheers:

Can't wait! Sign up folks!

Reactions: BMWDave and khyber
#3 ·
Do we get to drive one of the LTWs?

I'd be "in" for the run, but I'm "out" in Vegas for some business that weekend/week.

I'd rather be with you guys carving a canyon, but at least I'll have some fun on The 15 on the way out.

Have fun and catch you on the next run!

Reactions: khyber
#4 ·
What kind of run is it? Is it super twisties like GMR or more like rolling bends/curves? Will it be 'dirty' roads like GMR or cleaner? The reason I am asking is to know what wheels to use for the run; my stocks or after-market.

Thanks Khyber. FYI: I replied to your PM.

#5 · (Edited)
Its a bit of GMR (technical), then you have the high speed bends, and a couple low - highspeed hairpins! The roads I choose are pretty clean, no dust or debris that I have seen there ever, very smooth roads.

Sounds like fun and Kyber said no bikes on the route either. :M5launch: Also sounds like a day at Magic Mountain afterwards to continue the thrills :biggrin:

I can get discounted tickets Magic Mountain as a retired Marine. I think the max they'll let me purchase is 4 tickets. Tickets are $61.99 at the gate and I can get 4 tickets for $34.00 each. The 1st four to request tickets, I'll get the discounted ticket for you. No, they aren't free :nono: either, you will pay me for them at the run. :cheers:

Can't wait! Sign up folks!
If you buy online at there site, you can get them for like $39.00 I think, also my girl can get them for a discount rate too, like $30.00 I think. I'm down for six flags afterwards, lol.

#7 ·
I'm in tentatively and subscribed to keep apprised of any updates.

#9 ·
Sweet! I'm infor the run and MM if we get a group going.

#10 ·
Yes indeed homey!

Reactions: BMWDave
#13 ·
Sure thing Michael. I'll get you one.

Reactions: BMWDave and khyber
#18 ·
Steve! I see you have a new BEAST!!!! Congrats man!

Reactions: havasusteve03Beast
#19 ·
Fellas I am tentative right now for this run. I'm having a intermittent "increased emissions" which has been coming up over the past few months. Initial computer read said my primary cats are starting to go bad. My boys at Autohaus Frankfurt are gonna spend next Mon & Tue doing a thorough diagnostic and see what's really going on. I'm sure down the road I'll have to make the decision to go with headers with high flow cats/ or just get high flow cats. My car is also due to be smog inspected and new registration to next month as well. So don't count me fully out, just tentative for now. At the same time, Autohaus Frankfurt will also be having my new PS2s put on with a computerized alignment to Dinan specs as well......:haha::M5launch:

#23 ·
Yeah where are we on this? I don't see a list of who is going for sure.

#24 ·
I'm in for sure for the run. I asked Yaphet for a discounted ticket to MM but thinking about it now it's probably best if I don't go to that (so if someone wants my spot, they can have it). But Yaphet if you already bought a ticket for me and can't pawn it off to someone else, I will go since I said I would.

#25 ·
I will be at the run! We need to get some excitement back into this thread.

#26 ·
Oh I'm in like Flynn now. My Beast was at Autohaus Frankfurt for 3 days having diagnostics done for my intermittent increased emissions. I will need new primary cats eventually. Doing research now to see the best route. My mechanic says my beast performs fantastic and sees no reason why I shouldn't be able to do runs. Four brand new PS2s installed along with performance alignment to Dinan Stage 2 suspension specs too and another minor "enhancement" being done right now.

I'm definitely down for Magic Mountain afterwards too. kinggf

1. Kyber
2. ykjones
3. tigerljj
4. threepedals
5. M5Jed
6. Edenhurst
7. Revo
8. Baxkr (tentative)
9. mpwr247
10. havasusteve03beast (tentative)

There are many others on facebook signed up for the AE open house. I'm not sure how many will be doing the run.

#28 ·
Any kind of pre-meet meet for the guys heading west? I'm in Glendora.

#30 · (Edited)
Thanks Javier.

Better place is off sunflower because your exit would be be about thirty feet from the entrance. If you exit grand its a process to get back onto the freeway.

Thanks again,
Allen

#32 ·
Alright. I'll be there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.