BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The day has come.....the Beast is out!!! My insurance renewed on March 3rd at 12:00am, so I had to take it to work today. WOW....what a beast. I have nearly no traction as it is really cold still, but the roads are dry at least.

I have been driving a 2007 civic sedan as my winter beater, I took over my uncles lease for the last 6 months of his lease, this was a cheap alternative seeing as I fill up once a week for $50 and it lasts me almost 500km on a tank, as opposed to the M6 which costs me $80 bucks to fill it up, and barely gets me 300km on a tank. So needless to say, I've saved myself a ton on gas.

But all that aside...I have to say..you don't get much respect on the road in a civic. I am actually shocked by how rude people are, never let you in, just no respect. I never noticed this until now, and its a bit disturbing. I always thought that people wouldn't let you in a nice car, such as an M6, but the fact is they do. In the civic, I get high beamed and honked at for just about anything. Can't say the same for the M6...anyone else drive a "crappy" car and notice this?

here are some pics...

Attachments

Reactions: Matty and m630

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Congrats :) the beast look fresh after a long time sleep .

·
Registered
509 Posts
The day has come.....the Beast is out!!! My insurance renewed on March 3rd at 12:00am, so I had to take it to work today. WOW....what a beast. I have nearly no traction as it is really cold still, but the roads are dry at least.

I have been driving a 2007 civic sedan as my winter beater, I took over my uncles lease for the last 6 months of his lease, this was a cheap alternative seeing as I fill up once a week for $50 and it lasts me almost 500km on a tank, as opposed to the M6 which costs me $80 bucks to fill it up, and barely gets me 300km on a tank. So needless to say, I've saved myself a ton on gas.

But all that aside...I have to say..you don't get much respect on the road in a civic. I am actually shocked by how rude people are, never let you in, just no respect. I never noticed this until now, and its a bit disturbing. I always thought that people wouldn't let you in a nice car, such as an M6, but the fact is they do. In the civic, I get high beamed and honked at for just about anything. Can't say the same for the M6...anyone else drive a "crappy" car and notice this?

here are some pics...
Looks awesome man, you have yet to bolt on the 21"s right? The Civic looks like it made love in a pile of salt Lol.
I totally understand what you mean about the rude drivers. I'm guessing that everyone is afraid of our cars..no lie. You can pick on a Civic (no offense)....you cant F*** with an M6...or M5 lol. I think people tend to stay away from road rage when they see a low, sleek, wide, loud, fast, sexy machine. In a ///M car, the road is yours.....and other drivers know it. :wroom:

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Congrats on getting to drive your beast! I understand about the lack of respect in lesser machines! I drive a Ford Fusion as my company vehicle and continued to be shocked at the lack of respect and complete hostility versus the reactions I receive in my beast! My daughter requests that I take her to school in the beast rather than the company car, as well!

Be careful in the snow and ice!
:cheers:

here are some pics...

·
Registered
537 Posts
I am so used to the winter beater ( little no options mini).
I took the M6 out the other night to go get coilovers installed and I couldn't
Believe how amazing the M6 is, just everything about the car was a wow.
Then I got back in the dirty mini and everything sucked butt again :)

Oh ya I get noooo respect in the mini.

·
Registered
323 Posts
dont know if its about people beating on crappy cars. Even if I'm driving behind / along side someone in the m6, I often get grief. However as soon they say the quadexhausts and m badge, they back right off and don't mess around - otherwise they know they will be humiliated - there is no way they are going to catch me unless I let them, and no point in even trying to overtake me again. Its quiet funny actually - sometimes i'll overtake someone doing say 60mph, and then slow down to less than that, and even then they'll hang back for a few minutes in fear of looking like they are trying to race me.

In a less powerfull car ( I used to have a 630i - still quicker that 90% of the cars on the road), i used to get harassed after 'spirited' overtakes, with drivers tail-gating/flashing me etc.

·
Registered
707 Posts
true, have seen better attitude when driving M.
sometimes you even don't expect to be let in and don't even ask, but it has happened that the car behind just stops and waits for you to make the move. :D

·
Premium Member
8,369 Posts
As like in previous photos, your beast looks sharp!

Happy to hear she's finally out of hibernation.
Lucky for us, it doesnt snow as much here in Seattle, it just rains a lot.
So whenever its not raining - I take my beast out and go for long drives.
In fact Sunday forecast is no rain and partly sunny so I will be going out for a drive for sure and continue to enjoy my beast.

Re: daily driver and respect.
I now have an SUV, but before that, my daily driver was a Honda Accord.
You are right, not much respect from other drivers driving a honda.

My 1st BMW was a 1998 528i, I was proud to drive a BMW and I loved that car but after a couple of hot rod mustangs and camaros outran me very easily and just smirked at me - I said to myself that wont happen again. So I saved up, got me an E39 M5, and now an M6.

Talking about respect, not too many cars out there would even dare race me now, and I never forgot what they did to me.
So when stopped at red light or free way on ramps and I have those kinda cars along side me - I just freaking gun it now and enjoy the power I now have. What a nice feeling when I look at my rear view mirror and the rest of the cars are way behind me trying to catch up.

We all love our beasts!

here are some pics...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts