BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

Its been a while since I was last online but a fair bit of travel and changing states in the next couple of weeks. I had a moment of weakness and almost sold the beast.....couldnt bring myself to do it. I recently had an Avin2 unit installed along with GAS PCN and BAVSOUND Stage 1 speakers and overall very happy with the result even though the installers had my friggin car for 3 days!! I do find the speakers a touch bright and I tend like a warmer sound (a couple of sets of old school Jamo speakers at home) I unfortunately dont know much about the tuning side of things...... Mine is 1999 Euro and I am having trouble getting the OBD dongle to read the ECU both the KIWI 2 PLX and the one supplied by AVIN so does the OBD function even work on these cars? How do you access the check function from the steering/dash mounted display?

I tried another leather treatment Joseph Lyddy JAY-EL and the seats are noticeably softer and there was no change in colour so will continue using this product.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Hi Guys

Its been a while since I was last online but a fair bit of travel and changing states in the next couple of weeks. I had a moment of weakness and almost sold the beast.....couldnt bring myself to do it. I recently had an Avin2 unit installed along with GAS PCN and BAVSOUND Stage 1 speakers and overall very happy with the result even though the installers had my friggin car for 3 days!! I do find the speakers a touch bright and I tend like a warmer sound (a couple of sets of old school Jamo speakers at home) I unfortunately dont know much about the tuning side of things...... Mine is 1999 Euro and I am having trouble getting the OBD dongle to read the ECU both the KIWI 2 PLX and the one supplied by AVIN so does the OBD function even work on these cars? How do you access the check function from the steering/dash mounted display?

I tried another leather treatment Joseph Lyddy JAY-EL and the seats are noticeably softer and there was no change in colour so will continue using this product.
Nice.

Bav sound is on my list for the M. Are you trying to communicate via bluetooth using the OBD II port.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes tried using bluetooth with dongle supplied and also KIWI 2 PLX unit as well....I remember with my E38 there was a crack that allowed full access to the OBD functions via the dash display but not sure of the process for this car.
The Bavsound speakers offer very precise separation and I am still fiddling with the unit. The speakers are very bright

·
Banned
487 Posts
I spoke with a local guy recently who upgraded his E39 sound system with the Stage I Bavauto setup and he said he hates it. He was pretty dead set that it sounded better BEFORE the upgrade. That's just one person's opinion though of course.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts