BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was playing around with the OBC. There is some old info floating around on how to do this. Let me update.

After unlocking the OBC, go to test 20. The old info says the correction factor defaults to 1000, and counts down from 1250 to 750. Not exactly.

The default is set to 1000 and then you manually adjust. It only goes down until 750 then resets to 1250 and you keep adjusting down. If you reduce the number, the OBC display reads higher, if you raise the number, it will read lower. I am trying 1050 since my OBC is slightly optomistic by .5 to 1.0 mpg. As they say, YMMV!!!
Regards,
Jerry

·
Super Moderator
10,525 Posts
these are some fun tests. it looks like you can read fault codes too. I cant remember the test number, but it lists numbers, starts with CF 01 and a number then 02 and a number etc.

Has anyone documented all of these tests?
Mike

·
Super Moderator
10,525 Posts
this is one i'm interested in (From the above web page):
TEST-NR. 14
DIAG: 1 C7 81 000
DIAG: 2 00 00 000
DIAG: 3 00 00 000
DIAG: 4 00 00 000
DIAG: 5 00 00 000

These would presumably change if your car has accumulated diagnostic codes for some failure. I don't know what C7 81 means; I've seen my car do the occasional strange thing, but nothing bad has happened. At least as far as I know.

Is there a place to look up those codes? I'm assuming they're fault codes to be picked up by the GT1 when you're at the dealer. I have 3

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Mike, there is a "E" where the "W" is to be in that link but it show "W".

There is another site like this also, somewhere.:3:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.