BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My manual is in a box somewhere from moving recently so I'm unable to look it up but somehow I've managed to set the OBC to chime everytime the temperature outside is +3. How do I turn this off? Also the OBC by default displays the temp rather than the time now too.

n

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
All three of my E34's with OBC do the same...
The chime is standard & cannot be switched off.
The defaulting to temperature only happens when it's below 4'C
and is accompanied by......"BONG ! "

Once the temperature rises above 4'C the OBC should revert back to
its normal functions.

Regards,

Alan.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
My manual is in a box somewhere from moving recently so I'm unable to look it up but somehow I've managed to set the OBC to chime everytime the temperature outside is +3. How do I turn this off? Also the OBC by default displays the temp rather than the time now too.

n

Hi!
As said,this is a standard feature that can not be switched of. when temp sinks below +3 degr celcius while driving(or is between 0 to 3 C when starting the car, you will get the bong and the temperature is shown on the OBC.
So called frost warning.
To go back to clock you just push zeit on OBC, and/or click past the warning on the dash display(indcator stalk switch)

Sakke

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I drove this car all last winter without this ever happening. I was fiddling around with the obc a while ago and that is when it started. Perhaps it's a North American thing?

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
I suspect your outside temperature sensor has just started working
as it should...
Like I said before they all do it, it's a low temerature warning...

regards,

Alan.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts