BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This looks beautiful in the pics, but is it truly a garage queen?

Imola Red/Caramel
VIN: WBSDE93463CF93271
http://www.importmtrs.com/view_inventory.aspx

I'm always leary of independent dealers so this makes me sweat a bit. Private owners are always my preference...anyways, if you know anything about this vehicle I'd love to hear about it. TIA!

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
is anyone in the Bay Area that would be willing to swing by and see if this is a garage queen for me? Even if it IS a garage queen, I believe this is still priced a bit high?

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
I'm in Alameda

I could take A look, man better be perfect for that kind of scratch...25k? Hmm qonder if its got records...

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I could take A look, man better be perfect for that kind of scratch...25k? Hmm qonder if its got records...
I appreciate it! The mileage does look suspicious. The CARFAX seems to be clean, but that's rarely an indication of what has happened in the past. There is no way I'd pay that much for it, but I'd consider dealing with them if it is a garage queen. Otherwise, I'll simply sit back and wait.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
I'll go look it ought to be fun

I would be VERY suspicious of something which looks that good having been wholesaled out to some sketchy ind dealership. For some reason wherever it was taken in trade wholesaled it...

I don't know, but my skeptical cynical nature smells a lurking issue...I doubt they would allow a test drive anyway.

There are some notoriously sketchy indies in Oakland...

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did not know it was wholesaled...if that's the case I mirror your skeptical view.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Wholesaled

Isn't that where indie dealers usually get vehicles? They don't take them in trade, especially for something of this value...

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
I think it depends on the dealer. I bought my car from an independent dealer that dealt solely with high end Euro cars, and my car was a trade in. Was only at the dealer for two weeks before I picked it up.

Based on my experience, I wouldn't rule out the possibilities... I would hope it was a garage queen for 45k!!

Good luck

·
Registered
458 Posts
i don't know anything about the car but that chick answering the phone looks cute. i'll be happy to stop by and check her out. :dunno:

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
There are many independent dealers up here in the PAC NW which take vehicles of this caliber as consignment deals, trades, etc and many are from private owners. Here's one as an example which is highly regarded in the Bellevue, WA area:

http://www.parkplaceltd.com/

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I clicked on the VIN and the carfax popped up:

<TABLE class=folderstyle id=recordTable1 style="HEIGHT: 145px" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=4 width=471 bgColor=#ffffff border=0><TBODY><TR class=oddrow height=25><TD id=dateHeader1 align=left width="13%">Date:</TD><TD id=mileageHeader1 align=left width="13%">Mileage:</TD><TD id=sourceHeader1 align=left width="24%">Source:</TD><TD id=commentsHeader1 align=left width="50%">Comments:</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow><TD vAlign=top align=left>04/22/2003 </TD><TD vAlign=top align=right></TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>US Customs </TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>Vehicle exported from
Germany
and imported to
Port Hueneme, CA
</TD></TR><TR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #e6edf5"><TD align=right colSpan=4></TD></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD vAlign=top align=left>04/28/2003 </TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>2 </TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>Service Facility </TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>Vehicle serviced </TD></TR><TR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff"><TD align=right colSpan=4></TD></TR><TR class=evenrow><TD vAlign=top align=left>09/30/2003 </TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>3 </TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>California
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Kentfield, CA
</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>Title issued or updated
First owner reported
Registered as
corporate vehicle
</TD></TR><TR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #e6edf5"><TD align=right colSpan=4></TD></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD vAlign=top align=left>10/10/2003 </TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>98 </TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>Service Facility </TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>Vehicle serviced </TD></TR><TR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff"><TD align=right colSpan=4></TD></TR><TR class=evenrow><TD vAlign=top align=left>01/18/2005 </TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>8,776 </TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>Service Facility </TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>Vehicle serviced
Engine serviced
Miscellaneous service performed
</TD></TR><TR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #e6edf5"><TD align=right colSpan=4></TD></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD vAlign=top align=left>01/26/2005 </TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>8,786 </TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>Dealer Inventory </TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>Vehicle offered for sale </TD></TR><TR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff"><TD align=right colSpan=4></TD></TR><TR class=evenrow><TD vAlign=top align=left>01/27/2005 </TD><TD vAlign=top align=right></TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>Dealer Inventory </TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>Vehicle offered for sale </TD></TR><TR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #e6edf5"><TD align=right colSpan=4></TD></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD vAlign=top align=left>02/07/2005 </TD><TD vAlign=top align=right></TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>Dealer Inventory
California
</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>Vehicle sold </TD></TR><TR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff"><TD align=right colSpan=4></TD></TR><TR class=evenrow><TD vAlign=top align=left>02/07/2005 </TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>8,829 </TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>California
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Lafayette, CA
</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>Title issued or updated
Dealer took title of this vehicle
while it was in inventory
Loan or lien reported
</TD></TR><TR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #e6edf5"><TD align=right colSpan=4></TD></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD vAlign=top align=left>02/08/2005 </TD><TD vAlign=top align=right></TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>Dealer Inventory </TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>Vehicle sold </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
if the car was clean, and an inclusive warranty was offered with, what should I offer?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
SOB!! This is the second car that was purchased from underneath me!!!! Man I'm getting frustrated. I had this car basically in the bag and was going to get a PPI performed on it. I had a CCA member checking it out for me and taking pics when a family came in and was looking at it. They got suckered into paying full price for it and I was well on my way to getting this thing. GRRRRR.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts