BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys, I'm a cd-burnin' rookie here. I just bought the complete US set of NAV CDs from NavTeq (formerly NavTech?!?). I'd like to create an archive CD to protect my investment, and NOT for software pirating purposes.

How does one create an exact copy disc? Any insight would be appreciated.

-Dave

·
Registered
661 Posts
You can download Nero or your computer might already come with a basic version of roxio Easy CD. You can use any of these program to burn an iso file and keep them in your hard drive. Then you can always burn CDs using the iso image file.

·
Registered
947 Posts
I used Nero to burn a complete backup set. I use the backup disk in my NAV system and keep the original at home. This way if I lose it/break it, I always have the original to make another copy. I do not recall having to make any special settings within Nero to make this work. I just burned it at the slowest setting possible.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Perfect! Thanks, you two!

I knew it was pretty straightforward, but I'd never ventured there before.

Have a great weekend.

-Dave

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Just make sure you don't just copy the iso file or any files to the new CD you are burning. You must burn the image to the new CD from the image file, or do a direct CD to CD sector by sector copy. You need all the formating and partitioning information from the original disk to make an exact copy, not just the files that the disk contains.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts