BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

Is there a web site where I can find the MSRPs, and option costs, by year, for past BMW models?

Thanks.

CP

·
Registered
5,353 Posts
Here's one site that has a lot of what you might want. M Registry FAQ

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Darryl,

Thanks. But I am interested in models other than Ms as well.

CP

·
Registered
5,353 Posts
Cars Direct has some of this info. I just tried to look up 2001 BMWs and it gave original MSRP info.

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Need4Spd said:
Cars Direct has some of this info. I just tried to look up 2001 BMWs and it gave original MSRP info.
Darryl,

I use Cars Direct a lot, and never knew they have the research function. That's what I need. Thanks.

The root of my question.
2003 530i; MSRP: $41,000. Current CPO price, about $38k. Private party asking: about $35k. That car holds it's value REAL good.

Although I'd think that a well-equipped (sports package, premium package, cold package, etc.) 530i (2003) will more likely be in the $50k range.

CP

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
I've never used Cars Direct. It looked very useful but there were a few errors here and there on the M5 pages.

Cunping;
Yes a 2003 530i with most options would have been near $50k.

·
Registered
5,353 Posts
Pong,
The 530i's base price is a bit misleading as you can option up one to get close to around $50k as Richard points out, and many cars delivered in California had a lot of options in them. Sport pkg and premium sound would add $3-4k right off the bat. An automatic would be another $1k, then maybe fold down rear seats.... you get the picture. Still, the resale on these is strong because they are very nice cars and rated very highly by Consumer's Guide. Of course, we know that they can have many of the same strengths and problems common (body, interior, electrical) to our e39 M5s (HVAC final stage, for example). 530s are surprisingly satisfying to drive. They don't have the raw grunt of the M5 but they have adequate acceleration, handle very well and have rack and pinion steering for better road feel. :flag:

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Need4Spd said:
Pong,
Of course, we know that they can have many of the same strengths and problems common (body, interior, electrical) to our e39 M5s (HVAC final stage, for example). 530s are surprisingly satisfying to drive. They don't have the raw grunt of the M5 but they have adequate acceleration, handle very well and have rack and pinion steering for better road feel. :flag:
Darryl,

I drove a bunch of them already, and it is a very fine car. Definitely corners beautifully: rack and pinion, and 400 lbs lighter. For daily commute, I'm only as fast as the car ahead, so the relatively 'low' power (comparing an M5 now) is not a deal killer.

CP

1 - 11 of 11 Posts