BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was flipping through the channels today, and to my surprise Dateline NBC was on and they were doing crash test reviews on a number of SUVs. Surprisingly enough, the X5 received best crash test ratings they have ever seen,in every test. In the 40 mph head on test, none of the internal compartments were shifted out of shape, and they said it was almost as if the car was never wrecked (the internal compartment of course) the other SUVs they showed were the Nissan Xterra, and some other less worthy SUVs. If you want to read the whole story, you can view it here http://www.msnbc.com/news/489360.asp

BMW sure makes some of best performance vehicles, but also some of the safest out there on the road =)..Take it easy guys
later...

Amir

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Woow great Thaks omar

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Saw that clip on TV this evening. Very impressive...the commentator mistakenly called it the "X-S."

Alps

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Last week at a driving school, a guy rolled his E30 M3 at 85+mph. The car did not have a panel without a dent. The guy did not get a scratch. Supposedly, the car went up on its nose before rolling. The roof pretty much stayed up.

Impressive.

------------------
Kevin Kelly
91 M5
Dinan chip
Dinan Stage III
Racing Dynamics sway bars
18" BBS RC's
turbines for the track

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
You know, I keep complaining about the high cost of BMWs, but truth be damned, they are priceless if you are ever in near-fatal accident.

-Chris

1 - 5 of 5 Posts