BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know what the O-Ring Sizes for the SMG Clutch Selection Solenoid might be? Thinking to just get a cheap box of FKM/Viton Assortment On amazon

·
Registered
14 Posts
According to an old post from JCOLLEY they are "75 Durometer Viton in 1.6mm diameter". What codes are you throwing, I'm curious and going through the same process.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Once in a while i get the codes for Clutch position deviation And smg speed sensor

for a few days i had bad shifting for only the 3rd gear where it would seem as though it revs up and doesn’t go into gear. Like as if clutch was slipping. I think its probably due to this clutch solenoid because it went away after a few days and its shifting fine now.

due to quarentine and all, the car would sit for like a week or more at a time and these codes would only show, especially the clutch position deviation Code on start up. After a good bit of driving again... i haven’t seen the codes pop up again on start up. Only the speed sensor code comes up on occasion when im sitting Idle in a fast food drive through. Its either these o-rings or the clutch position sensor wiring harness is bad, since im assuming the small crankshaft position sensor is connected to it as well.

i havent tried doing the SMG reset with the paddles in past week but for like 2-3 weeks prior it seemed like it would not do anything. I remember that in all the times i did this... the gear icons on heads up display and cluster would blink. So the icons don’t blink anymore after smg reset procedure... which makes me think is not a good sign.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are the o-rings 1.6mm in OD diameter? Or is that thickness of the o-ring? 1.6mm sounds super tiny for actual for the diameter

any idea what the Outer and Inner diameters are for it?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The o-rings are apparently larger than 11mm and increase by 1mm in size

The vanos o-rings are 10.1, 11.1, 12.1 in size so im just going to buy all Viton o-rings from 10.1 to 20.1mm in diameter, 1.6mm in thickness and 75 durometer from oringsandmore.com since they are pretty cheap there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts