BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone gotten a ticket in NYC for window tint? If so, what % did you have on your windows and which windows were tinted? I'm getting my car tinted next week.

·
Registered
8,301 Posts
:trophy_bronze:
Anyone gotten a ticket in NYC for window tint? If so, what % did you have on your windows and which windows were tinted? I'm getting my car tinted next week.
With a name like that are you from the deep south?? or Texas way?:applause::applause::dunno:

·
Registered
8,301 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
got 35 all around and 50 on the whole windshield which is perfect cause in the day you can slightly see in it but at night with no street lights on top you can see anything.. I highly reccommend Steve at TintMax off of Utopia parkway in Queens. Tint is laser cut and all the work there is done top notch no bullshit.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I have 20% all around and I got 2 tickets for 90$ each total of 180$ last time I was in NY for tinted windows sucks!.....

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have 35% ... was stopped a few weeks ago and the meter read 32%. $180 ticket ($90 per front window). grrrrrrr Police officer said he was letting me off easy since he can legally ticket me for all FOUR windows on a sedan???:confused3:dunno:

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
I got ticketed by the sheriff this morning as well on Sunrise Highway. The reader read 30 on my front window.

I've been driving this car for 3 years over 15k miles per year and I got stopped twice in the last 2 months for tint. Today was the first ticket, though.

He did say that the minimum is 70.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
7 Participants
Diny
BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums
M5Board is the best forum community for information on the BMW M5 E60 (V-10), E39 (V-8), E34 (straight 6), E28, F90 and F10. Discuss performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing