BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys- I can't believe It's taken me almost 3 months to reach 1,200 miles. I need to get out more. Anyway I called up Haberstad based on recommendations here and I have a appointment on Thursday morning. But now I've having second thoughts about using them as it's 40 miles out - and they won't give me a loaner so I'd need to ride the train. Should I quit griping and just deal? Manhattan BMW would be so much easier and it's only a fluid change right?.

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
nooooooooooo way , habberstadt is # 1 !!

just speak to darlene when you get there and tell her your a friend of neil's , she'll hook you up with avis car rentals which is on their premises and get you a car !! not a bmw but a car !!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK- Habberstadt it is. Thanks Neil - Just need a slight kick in the pants. I did follow DemonM5's advice and talk with Darlene when I made the appointment and she mentioned Avis but if the choice is Toyota or the Train - I'll probably take the Train.

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
OK- Habberstadt it is. Thanks Neil - Just need a slight kick in the pants. I did follow DemonM5's advice and talk with Darlene when I made the appointment and she mentioned Avis but if the choice is Toyota or the Train - I'll probably take the Train.
Did you buy your car there???...I am coming up on my 1200mile service ...probably by the begining of June.
Thanks
S

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No, I bought in NJ. Habberstadt seems to be the preferred service spot so maybe next car I will shop there. I'll let you know how it goes. I'm doing the 1,200 and having them adjust the HUD.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Timely topic for me - just dropped off the car for service this morning.

I live in Manhattan and I've been looking for a "home" for service needs. BMW of Manhattan is the most obvious choice but have had nothing but bad experiences with them (both sales and service) in the past so will not give them my business.

Heard good things about Habberstadt but no loaner is a deal breaker for me. Decided to take it into Paul Miller in Wayne, NJ, based on good comments on the board. About a 30 mile trip for me. Dropped the car off this morning for a couple minor things. Got a 535i as a loaner. It's no M5 but still a fun ride. They have a fleet of 52 loaners and the guy said they are going to have 150 loaner cars (!!) once they move to their new facility in July. Will report back on how it goes once I pick up the car tomorrow or Sat.

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
Competition BMW of Smithtown gives me a loaner every time (as long as they have one available and reserve one with a few days in advance). the first time, I got a Camry (ugh) but the second time I got a 328i with less than 2500 miles on it.

It's a bit further out east than Habberstad, but if you're coming from Manhattan, it's not that much of a longer stretch.

Took my car there for some service and repairs a few times and I'm very happy. My service advisor is Rudy Alanis, btw.

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
Did you buy your car there???...I am coming up on my 1200mile service ...probably by the begining of June.
Thanks
S
serg worry not my friend , your in good hands just specify that you got yours from them and that you want a bmw loaner !!

always deal with darlene , and you'll always get a loaner with less than 3k miles !!

love neil...:byee55amg

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
i use to work at habberstad as some may know darlene and ron guzzi are two great people to work with and will always do the right thing

·
Registered
4,405 Posts

If you are droppin the car off in the morning and heading into the city, you are most likely better off taking the train anyway. It will be faster, cheaper and a hell of a lot less hassle.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts