BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2008 M5 (WBSNB93548CX10324) – January 2008 Production Date, Delivered February 2008. Asking $32,000 (NYC)

Silverstone Metallic, 55,XXX miles, BMW Platinum Extended Warranty 7/70,000. Expires February 2015. Transferrble to new owner

I’ve decided to sell my car. The car’s options are listed below. The car is very well maintained and is in very good overall shape with a few things that could/should be addressed to make it perfect, see below. The car is a single owner (me), adult driven, no smoking car. It has no mods and has only been used weekends with mostly highway miles (NYC to our second home). I have the all the keys, all service records and the original window sticker.

Options:
610 Head-up Display
752 Enhanced Premium Sound (Dirac)
322 Comfort Access system
416 Power rear sunshade with rear manual side window shades
6FL iPod and USB adapter
261 Rear side-impact airbags

Service: Everything is up to date and all required maintenance was completed on or ahead of the recommended intervals. I have all of the service records and the car has always been under a BMW warranty since new. I changed the oil every 7,500 (except for the first change which was at 800) and changed the differential and transmission fluids and spark plugs at 30,000. The car has Michelin Pilot Sports (same as OEM) with plenty of life of front and 5k or so on rears.. I changed the rotors (OEM) and pads (Carbotech) last year.

Condition: The car has been garaged and washed regularly and is in very good – excellent shape. The car has had clear bra on since new on the front and rear bumpers and part of the front hood and the front and rear wheel wells. The interior has been well maintained and is in excellent condition. The exterior I’d classify as very good but in the interest of full disclosure there are a few flaws which I’ll point out in the pictures and describe below.
1) This past winter while pulling into a parking space I ran over a chuck of ice (thinking it was just a pile of snow) and cracked the bottom of the front spoiler (which is part of the bumper) and part of the plastic splash shields under the car. I replaced the damaged plastic splash shields with new oem but did not replace the cracked front spoiler. I thought the body shop could plastic weld this piece but they were not able to do it so instead they secured the crack to keep it from expanding. The correct fix is an entire new front bumper. From GETBMWPARTS it is $575 plus painting.
2) 3” hairline scratch on the front hood -
3) Scuff on front left corner panel
4) Front bumper has several small scratches and the clear bra is scuffed and slightly peeling in small spots.
5) Left rear quarter panel door ding. This is repairable by painless dent removal
6) Right door handle scratch
7) Right rear wheel arch scratch
8) OEM Wheels have some small curb rash
I’m asking $32,000 for the car. The BMW Platinum Extended Warranty is transferrable and is good for another 4 months 2/2015. I think the price is fair given the BMW warranty, low mileage, strong service history and overall condition, but I’m open to offers. Thanks guys.

Jim

917 478 183zero

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts