BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can we get a list going of people interested in a NY/NJ/CT.

please reply:

-number youself by the last person (ie if the last post is # 5, number yourself #6)
-any plans idea where we should go
-dates available: it should definately be a weekend, and let me set a time frame. NOV. 19.
- time that you would like to meet at.

I have never planned a meet myself or gone to one, so i would appreciate somebody who has experince with this to help/take over. but it sounds fun, and its now or next year, so lets do it.

fas

[This message has been edited by fais2000 (edited 05 November 2000).]

[This message has been edited by fais2000 (edited 06 November 2000).]

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ok ill start

-not sure (highpoint sounds nice)
-NOV. 19
-11 A.M. (approximate)

fas

[This message has been edited by fais2000 (edited 05 November 2000).]

·
Registered
161 Posts
-also dont know where to go
-NOV. 19 is fine

No experience either at these things but very anxious to meet the other owners of the M5's I've seen around.

Dante

------------------
Y2K Carbon Black

·
Registered
302 Posts
-'s matter with Highpoint, which fell through in August but which was apparently very successful in the spring. (Don't know if the CT Smokies are ready for us after the July jaunt.)
-I'm going to Spartenburg the 13th and 14th and meeting my wife in Charleston for a few days of R&R following that, driving back to NJ on the 18th, with a big party to go to back here that night. Don't know if I can rally the following day (Sunday?). I might be game, but it depends hugely on time and place. Damn! Love to do another get together.

Tom
'00 Anthracite/Caramel

[This message has been edited by Tom M (edited 06 November 2000).]

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey tom
it would be great for you to come along, especially having just finished spartenburg right before it. pls try.

i am going to ask the guys who went to highpoint how they felt, good idea.
i may know of another m5 guy who will also be interested, once i get him that will make:

4 pretty sure
1 maybe (tom)

·
Registered
161 Posts
Tom,

Aha! Now I know the M5 from Prestige I saw on the NJ Turnpike awhile back. Unfortunately, I was in my other car at the time.

Dante

------------------
Y2K Carbon Black

·
Registered
43 Posts
Highpoint??? As in Highpoint State Park in northwestern Sussix county?

[This message has been edited by David (edited 06 November 2000).]

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
I would be interested and have possibly 1 or 2 others from here on Long Island. Anyone know how far this Highpoint is from LI?
Jim
2000 Silver/Black & silver

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
dr jim,
i myself am not quite sure, but if you have any suggestions please tell me. so far we have about a total of 7 or 8 interested, and if you had a couple, then that would make it 9 or 10, that would be great.

fas

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok i was reading about the highpoint meet that they had earlier this year, you can find it on www.bmwregistry.com . They seem like the had a great time. BUT highpoint is 70 miles from manhattan. This is no problem for me, but please tell me if any of you guys find this too far. And if you have any ideas that would be great. I also read the CT meet, but they seem to of met to many cops, dont think that is such a good idea. As for timing, i think about 11A.M maybe good, so that you dont have to wake up in teh wee hours of the mornings, and so that the whole day is not taken over, but again lets make this majority rules, so if maybe you guys could edit your posts, and also put in the timings, that would be good.

fas

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Would you guys mind if a non-owner tagged along? My M5 is due in next November (2001). I haven't decided on the color yet. I would love to see a bunch of M5's together in the flesh to help with my decision. Right now I have narrowed it down to LeMans blue, Jet Black or Anthracite

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hey tom,
i think that would be great, and no problems at all with that. Anyway, if you could just number yourself like said below, and give us some ideas, it would be much appreciated.

fas

·
Moderator Emeritus
10,698 Posts
would be fun to go but I have something on the 19th
just let me know on the next time.

ME

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hey me
that is really unfortunate, it would of been great to see you there, with all your vast knowledge on these cars and all your informative posts. well anyway please try if you can.

fas

·
Moderator Emeritus
10,698 Posts
Fas,
thanks, I really cant make that date. Ill try on the next go round.

ME

·
Registered
302 Posts
Dante,

Sorry I missed you in your Carbon Black. I've only seen one other M5 on the NJT/GSP, a Le Mans Blue with CT tags. Didn't think I could love another color like that -- gorgeous. Carbon Black is another favorite of mine and the first I saw at the dealer before picking up mine. Hope to see you at one of the meets if not this one.

Tom

Originally posted by Dante:
Tom,

Aha! Now I know the M5 from Prestige I saw on the NJ Turnpike awhile back. Unfortunately, I was in my other car at the time.

Dante

1 - 20 of 33 Posts