BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd share with any of you in the NY / CT area looking for a high-performance M5 mechanic, I have a great one. He's put on my Eisenmann exhaust and X-pipe, UUC short-shifter, and has handled all of my warranty work. Gave me all Beastpower pricing and charges $80/hour labor.

Honestly, he's gotten warranty work done at BMW that I could not have gotten myself. He knows what to ask for, how to ask for it, and what typically goes wrong on M5s and gets it fixed before it goes bad.

One reason I'm writing this is because he picked up my car tonight in NYC, which is an hour away for him. He took a train into the city, picked up my car, and drove it back to CT. In the pouring rain, my car got a flat and he must have spent an hour finding the right person to come out and help. All of this he does at no charge to me. Of course he's making money on labor and parts, but that's it.

He also arranges and delivers my car to/from the BMW dealer for warranty work (again, much of imy work is "preventive"). After trying this myself once, I must tell you it's a very valuable service.

He also races these cars and is very knowledgeable about all the high performance stuff. You can see his racing history on the internet. Not that racing makes you a good mechanic, but I'm sure it's good knowledge.

I don't want to blast his name out on the board for some may think I have some incentive to recommend him. I have no incentive other than I find him to be of great service.

If you're looking for someone in the area, zap me an email and I'd be happy to put you in touch.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Knowing where to go based on good personal experiences should always be shared....

Thank you

Shadowman

toolape said:
Just thought I'd share with any of you in the NY / CT area looking for a high-performance M5 mechanic, I have a great one. He's put on my Eisenmann exhaust and X-pipe, UUC short-shifter, and has handled all of my warranty work. Gave me all Beastpower pricing and charges $80/hour labor.

Honestly, he's gotten warranty work done at BMW that I could not have gotten myself. He knows what to ask for, how to ask for it, and what typically goes wrong on M5s and gets it fixed before it goes bad.

One reason I'm writing this is because he picked up my car tonight in NYC, which is an hour away for him. He took a train into the city, picked up my car, and drove it back to CT. In the pouring rain, my car got a flat and he must have spent an hour finding the right person to come out and help. All of this he does at no charge to me. Of course he's making money on labor and parts, but that's it.

He also arranges and delivers my car to/from the BMW dealer for warranty work (again, much of imy work is "preventive"). After trying this myself once, I must tell you it's a very valuable service.

He also races these cars and is very knowledgeable about all the high performance stuff. You can see his racing history on the internet. Not that racing makes you a good mechanic, but I'm sure it's good knowledge.

I don't want to blast his name out on the board for some may think I have some incentive to recommend him. I have no incentive other than I find him to be of great service.

If you're looking for someone in the area, zap me an email and I'd be happy to put you in touch.

·
Registered
890 Posts
toolape said:

Is it Corey at REM?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts