BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone interested in a group buy on this awesome settup. Just spoke with Abid at ASR and he is willing to fly to ny, with staff to perform installs at a discounted price. Cannot publish price details but, a good deal. 150 hp shot, complete kit, installed by the man himself..

PM me for info and to get onboard...:wroom:

Dont be left behind...

one day install per vehicle

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
this story sucks !!

i really try to save $$ i do i swear !!

rich you should come on sun morning ,so i could race the ****e outta your car !!

·
Registered
740 Posts
LOL... NY Crew running juice??? Out of control... Avry and Jbizzy may need the 8th gear... ;)

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My son has his football games every Sunday. Its been tough for me to get away. im dying to hang with the crew again. I hardly drive my car.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Anyone serious about doing this mod should hold off on any intake kits. They have a custom settup for the stop boxes i have been told. The kit is also completely hidden except for the bottle and brackets which can be removed.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
My son has his football games every Sunday. Its been tough for me to get away. im dying to hang with the crew again. I hardly drive my car.
What time is the game? Nothing interesting happens until after half time anyway! This is going to be the best NY meet of the year, we have to make it huge so that Andrew is angry at his wife while they are away for her birthday. aha haha.

·
Registered
8,301 Posts
I need info...is this for real?? or another dream, for all, and yes I know Nos has been done by these guys but whats with the group buy ???

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
lmfao...I know...I have a chemical imbalance!!! NOS, to me, seems ideal. Use it only when you want it, its not noisy, easily removed, and not constant stress on the car...I dont know crap about cars though...so I could be wrong...then I want Kreis-sieg and I will be happy!!

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I cant wait for a few of you guys to have NOS, going to make things pretty interesting here in NY. I would consider it if I werent worried about killing my engine. My car is a lease though so if I can get away with it I might consider it. I will not be the guinea pig though, being italian it would be fitting though.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Ummm...Nitrous?

I need info...is this for real?? or another dream, for all, and yes I know Nos has been done by these guys but whats with the group buy ???
Potential misery wants/needs company? :confused3

Are any of you who are considering doing this really sure you want to risk your $100K+ M5/6 investment using nitrous? Especially those of you who have leased cars. This isn't a knock on ASR Engineering who have a well-deserved professional reputation for designing and installing nitrous systems. It's a recognition of Murphy's law and the fact that Sh*t Happensouich

And don't think for a moment that should you blow your engine that you'll be able to fool BMW just by removing the tank and hardware. Using their computerized technology BMW technicians can analyze cylinder pressures and fuel flow up until the point of destruction. They can also analyze products of combustion within the cylinder and find traces of whatever was burning at the time of the incident. I'd even be willing to wager that as we speak BMW techs are reading this thread and taking notes.

If you are really determined to pursue the nitrous option, I believe one person should nominated to be the 'guinea pig' and that car should be the pilot or prototype with the group agreeing to fund the costs of the experiment. Spread the risk. I really believe that it's premature for a Group Buy at this time. Just my $0.02:hihi:

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
Potential misery wants/needs company? :confused3

Are any of you who are considering doing this really sure you want to risk your $100K+ M5/6 investment using nitrous? Especially those of you who have leased cars. This isn't a knock on ASR Engineering who have a well-deserved professional reputation for designing and installing nitrous systems. It's a recognition of Murphy's law and the fact that Sh*t Happensouich

And don't think for a moment that should you blow your engine that you'll be able to fool BMW just by removing the tank and hardware. Using their computerized technology BMW technicians can analyze cylinder pressures and fuel flow up until the point of destruction. They can also analyze products of combustion within the cylinder and find traces of whatever was burning at the time of the incident. I'd even be willing to wager that as we speak BMW techs are reading this thread and taking notes.

If you are really determined to pursue the nitrous option, I believe one person should nominated to be the 'guinea pig' and that car should be the pilot or prototype with the group agreeing to fund the costs of the experiment. Spread the risk. I really believe that it's premature for a Group Buy at this time. Just my $0.02:hihi:

Well stated, Ray.:M5thumbs:

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I agree also which is why I will NOT be the first or second or even third to do this. But knowing the NY crew somebody will try this out.

·
Registered
740 Posts
+1

If I may add... this should also equally applied to supercharger and turbocharger. Any car, regardless they are originally "blown" out of the factory or naturally aspirated could face the same consequences of blowing their engine. My point here is that many people in this forum talk about turbo-charging or super-charging their NA car, but it is a big :nono: when someone mention the bottle... and it almost seems that we fail to notice that blowing these cars could also ruined the engine, not just by spraying. The key is proper tuning. I've seen so many people blowing their cars by cutting corners in tuning their cars... e.g. running high-boost without a proper tuning software (e.g. can't afford to tune the car and decided just to purchase a boost controller)...

Hey in the end... there is this saying...

"Having Nitrous is like having a beautiful woman with STD on your bed, you really want to hit it but afraid of the consequences" mmmmmm

1 - 20 of 34 Posts