BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
BURTON said:
Does this mean that Nur pack comes with these aswell as the Suspension?
Yeah, it includes:

- Larger brake rotors with two-piece "floating" front calipers
- Servotronic steering
- Control switch on the dashboard to lock the EDC Adaptive M Suspension
- 19mm rear Anti-Roll bar
- Wider 9J Rear wheels

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Interesting... I have the Control Switch on the Dash, The wider rear wheels. Didn't have the brakes and not sure about the others.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
BURTON said:
Interesting... I have the Control Switch on the Dash, The wider rear wheels. Didn't have the brakes and not sure about the others.
Oh. Perhaps my information is incorrect.

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
BURTON said:
I don't know myself. I know mine is a 6Spd and thought that the 6er's had the bigger brakes.
Put your chassis number into http://www.realoem.com/bmw/select.do and you should be able to find out what size discs were fitted. It only shows the 345mm option for mine, which is GE00261

·
Registered
970 Posts
The larger brakes were fitted to the later 6 speed cars with the 18" Style '37 wheels'. They are 345mm x 32mm on the front and 328mm x 20mm on the rear.

The 'ring' package was the switchable suspension, wider rear alloys and 19mm rear anti roll bar (as opposed to the standard 18mm or the 20mm fitted to the touring).

Mmm-Five said:
Put your chassis number into http://www.realoem.com/bmw/select.do and you should be able to find out what size discs were fitted. It only shows the 345mm option for mine, which is GE00261

·
Registered
707 Posts
I thought the Nurburgring pacakge was an option for pre-6 speed 3.8s?

It included the EDC switch, bigger anti roll bar and wider rear wheels? (but not the brakes)

AFAIK, the 6 speeders all come with the above anyway don't they?

·
Registered
426 Posts
This is a quote from my `93 owner's handbook -

"Nurburg Ring suspension package
The package additionally includes an uprated rear stabiliser, size 255/40 ZR17 tyres on 9J x 17 wheels for the rear and servotronic. There is also a switch for the adaptive M suspension which enables the Sport characteristic to be retained throughout virtually its entire active range" So everything except the bigger brakes which came in '94.

·
Registered
426 Posts
BURTON said:
Which is what mine is. So is the ARB 19mm or 20mm?
OK another quote (this time from BMW AG press release from 02/92):

"The Nurburgring package also comes with a reinforced anti roll bar at the rear (19mm / 0.75" in diameter instead of 18mm /0.71"),.."

·
Registered
646 Posts
Can someone clarify for me - does the Nurburgring kit come with Servotronic steering? I thought this was optional and not-necessarily fitted? Mine is a late 94 six-speeder and to be honest i don't know if it has it or not!!

Cheers,
David.

·
Registered
13 Posts
These brakes are were also used on the 540i M Sport, but I can't seem to find it in the parts catalog.
The standard 540i uses a Lucas master cyl. I think that is the only difference. I will also need the rears. Anyone know where to find those calipers?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts