BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI All
after 10 years of attending the Le Mans 24 hour race, my group of friends have decided to visit the 'Ring 24 hour race in late June this year.

So I am asking any of our continental Europe friends for advice on the event please. We are a group of around 10-12 and usually camp at these events.

Any advise on the best campsite locations, facilities available on site, ticketing websites, general advice - any good web forums etc etc.

Many thanks.

Berni.:):)

·
Premium Member
8,805 Posts
You don't really require tickets or even a camping place... from early in the week people start arriving and claiming "their" spot.
Basically it's organised chaos - even worse than Le Mans.

One thing to keep in mind is that it's great to visit different spectating areas during the race so you'll need at least 1 car with driver that remains 100% sober.

If you want an organised camp place with toilet, shower, etc then you should book a spot.
You'll only require tickets for the pits area and grandstands at the Formula 1 track (both tracks get linked together during VLN & 24h).

Two websites with decent information:
Ben Lovejoy's Nurburgring Nordschleife website
Home - 39. ADAC Zurich 24h-Race

·
Registered
260 Posts
Don't spread baseless rumours :nono:
I second that.

The 24h-Event ist still on the list of Events, the VLN (Endurance races where need to attend to qualify for the 24h) is starting in 5 Weeks. So there's nothing to worry about.
Someone closed the (unofficial) Nürburgring Forum because of leagal problems (Copyright infringement) - and there's currently some political Diskussion (as every year) about the financial Situation of the Nürburgring.

None of the Events (VLN, RCN, DTM, Formula 1, 24h-Race, ....) are currently cancelled ...

So - Business as usual.

The Discussions at the Moment are because of the fact that the prices for other Events (Driver Training) were raised and the fees for using the ring as a private person ("Touristenfahrten") also :

Nürburgring: Streit um die Nordschleife dreht sich weiter - Regionales - Rhein-Zeitung

·
Registered
260 Posts
HI All
after 10 years of attending the Le Mans 24 hour race, my group of friends have decided to visit the 'Ring 24 hour race in late June this year.
Good Idea ...

As I never attended the 24h Race (but a lot of the VLN Events) - I can only tell you that it's quite easy to go there. Camping is not of a problem, but you should be aware that is's the biggest event at the Nürburgring ... so do your planning early.

Infos : Home - 39. ADAC Zurich 24h-Race

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Good Idea ...

As I never attended the 24h Race (but a lot of the VLN Events) - I can only tell you that it's quite easy to go there. Camping is not of a problem, but you should be aware that is's the biggest event at the Nürburgring ... so do your planning early.

Infos : Home - 39. ADAC Zurich 24h-Race
:confused2 ROCK am RING ??

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Kees
many thanks for the information. These two websites are very helpful indeed. Hope all well with your B8..... Regards Berni.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Hi Berni ,

Has 'Lucie' gone yet ??

Keep me informed of your plans for 24h race pls , I'll try and drive up to meet you .

Cheers , Chris

·
Registered
260 Posts
Sadly Alpina will not got to the 24h-Hours Race.
They damage on the B6 GT3 they used on the last race was to heavy - and they don't have anought time for a setup of the car. Also they had problems to find a good setup for the Pirelli-Tires they would have used.

·
Premium Member
8,805 Posts
Sadly Alpina will not got to the 24h-Hours Race.
They damage on the B6 GT3 they used on the last race was to heavy - and they don't have anought time for a setup of the car. Also they had problems to find a good setup for the Pirelli-Tires they would have used.
:(

·
Registered
14 Posts
One thing to keep in mind is that it's great to visit different spectating areas during the race so you'll need at least 1 car with driver that remains 100% sober.
Kees, I think this isn't really necessary. There are shuttle busses commuting permanently arround the course, which you can jump on, and a little walk won't hurt as well ;-)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts