Made an appointment to get the winter tires changed over for the family minivan and the M5.
- Sunday morning appointment. One out of three technicians show up. I need to get out quickly, but it wasn't going to happen. I left and figure I'd come back during the weeknight.
- Weeknight. I had to explain three times to the technician how I wanted the van tires rotated from their last position. I actually walked out in the work area to show him. This should have been a warning to leave immediately, but I needed the tires done.
- I drive the M5 out and notice that it is handling funny. Next morning, the tire defect light is on, but attribute it to the weather and tire change.
- I get to work and inspect the tires and find out that the left rear tire is in the front. I should have known.
- I bring the M5 back and they install the tire correctly. But while I am speaking with another disgruntled customer, I notice that my M5 is no longer up on the lift, but no one is working on it either.
- At least 10 mins later, the desk guy walks in and asks if the work is completed. The answer is yes, then the tech drives the car out.
No apologies from the desk guy. No refund for my inconvenience, but I was so frustrated with the poor service, I figure I better walk out before I rip the guy's head off.
I used to like NTW until they were bought by Sears. Now they have been bought by Tire Kingdom and they are the absolute worst. I used to go for the convenience, but three trips and a dangerous install is not worth it.
Note to self: NTB - Stay away!