BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My mother-in-law bought a 2004 Lexus ES330 on Saturday. Well, the car was a CPO car but it was really dirty when we test drove is and it looked like somebody’s kid had made all the cross hatches in the dirt all over the car. I was really concerned that there would be marks in the clearcoat even when the car was washed. They assured me that it would not be a problem.

So, as they were finishing up the paperwork, I went out to check out the washed car that was getting ready for delivery. I still saw the marks all over the car and pointed it out to the salesman. He told my mother-in-law to bring the car in on Monday to be detailed and waxed and the finger marks would be taken car of.

I called her yesterday to see how it went and she told me when she took the car to them, they came back in about 15 minutes and said “We’re going to paint your car. Here are the keys to a 2005 loaner until we finish it.” :thumbsup: <O:p</O:p

<O:p
THAT’S how customer service should be! BMW could learn something from Lexus if they paid attention!<O:p</O:p

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
KWP said:

. He told my mother-in-law to bring the car in on Monday to be detailed and waxed and the finger marks would be taken car of.
Once burnt,. twice learnt-

I would have refused delivery!

Now she has a repainted car... and if they do a poor job she cannot just say "no thanks".

Well, at least it isn't going to some anal retentive AH like we are
:hihi:

A

·
Registered
225 Posts
Nice of them to offer so quickly.....but I'd say "No thanks, I insist on a refund" and make a lot of noise until they did.

But, like ard said, your Mom's probably not anal retentive like all of us...

Hope it comes out great!

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
As the others have mentioned, there is no way I would accept delivery of a repainted car. The new paint will never adhere as well as the original paint and your car will deteriorate much faster than it otherwise would have. If it's not too late, I would get on the phone and insist on another vehicle. Or at the very least, you should get a substanital discount.

I gave my detailer a shout (the famous Erich Lipinski) and he was equally horrified. There's no way you should accept that car, he said.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
DZeckhausen said:
I gave my detailer a shout (the famous Erich Lipinski) and he was equally horrified. There's no way you should accept that car, he said.
:eek:h: I thought it was a great idea. We'll see how it turns out.

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
KWP said:
:eek:h: I thought it was a great idea. We'll see how it turns out.
Correct me if I am wrong, but it sounds like SHE DID NOT DRIVE THE CAR OFF THE DEALERSHIP PROPERTY.

IS THIS TRUE?

If not, in many states it is not her car and she has no obligation to accept the car. The contract is null and void until she takes posession, and that means off the lot.

Good luck

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
I think that it was a nice gesture, and she'll probably be okay with the re-paint.

I'd be gracious and accept the offer.

True, if it were a M5, we might treat it differently. I know that I went to 5 paint and body shops and finally settled on a BMW certified paint shop, before I would let them touch up a door ding.

But, nonetheless, I still think it was nice of Lexus to offer.

·
Registered
5,239 Posts
I think it was a helluva gesture as well. And this issue aside, Lexus does have the best customer service in the business. They make BMW look like an economy car company.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Well, here is my 2centsouich . My thinking has always said,"if the outside looks like crap, what were they doing or how were they caring for the engine or anything else". I am sure it was a good deal for your mom and I wish here many years of save driving, but there are a million Lexus out there. I would have kept looking.
Side note. I have never had a problem with BMW ever, I guess a lot depends on your dealer, SA and car. I have owned a 98 528i, 01 530i and the 02 M5. Still, have the 530 and M5 and never had a bad customer experience. As a matter of fact my dealer gave me an M5 hat because I had to wait an extra half hour for drive in service the other day.
By the way isn't a Lexus a Toyota???:confused2 :flag:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts