BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Discovery Auto just posted some new pics of my car and it amazes me how BIG the 275F and 295R's look! The car is now running Pir PZero Roso's.

http://www.discovery-automotive.com/kolar/kolar.htm for the full update

but ill post in some pics

295 rears!




275 fronts



New valve covers



Whole thing installed in the car---not quite finished!




Its getting so close....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,248 Posts
Congrats Rob, don't get too excited now ok;). I cannot wait to hear your impressions once you get the M5 back.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,412 Posts
Rob, thanks for the progress report. You will have one sweet machine when Discovery are done. :thumbsup: It seems like you have waited forever to get your car back but I'm sure the wait will be worth it. :cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Stan,

im not 100% sure of the rim widths (due to OZ's designing them especially for this) but from what i remember talking to Shadowman about they are 9.5 and 10.5

Could be different though...
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
386 Posts
cant wait to see the final product... keep us posted... good luck.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
101 Posts
WOW those rear tires look impressive!! Did you have to cut the rear fender liners to fit the 295's? I would love to replace the rear tires with fatter treads, but i don't know what the max width is on the stock rims?? :hmmm:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Im sure ill be posting even more info every single day from now on...supposedly the engine will be alive in 2 days.... THATS THE PHONE CALL IM WAITING FOR
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Carbon

I did NOT have to do the fenders to fit them. Since OZ was nice enough to spec out the wheels to fit everthing i was able to do it. Now, under heavy weight loads i might have rubbing but that just means that i stuck carrying only 3 people in the car total...or i could just raise the car in that case.

Im not sure as to the width of the OEM rims but would guess at something like 8.5 front and 9.5 rear.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
101 Posts
RennSportSC'dKellenersM5 said:
Carbon

I did NOT have to do the fenders to fit them. Since OZ was nice enough to spec out the wheels to fit everthing i was able to do it. Now, under heavy weight loads i might have rubbing but that just means that i stuck carrying only 3 people in the car total...or i could just raise the car in that case.

Im not sure as to the width of the OEM rims but would guess at something like 8.5 front and 9.5 rear.
Yep, OEM rears are 18 x 9.5.... OZ must have given you some kind of fancy offset to fit the big 295's! lovelove

I wonder if i can fit wider than 275 on the stock rear wheels :1:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
355 Posts
Well done Rob - you have chosen the best wheels, but then I am biassed!!!

I went for 8.5s and 10s.......

Roger
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Re: gggood gggawwdd man................

FAST 5 said:
Renn,
Those rear tires are massive! Any clearance issues at all? Did those babaies just slip on without any need for fender modifications???
Stimpy :M5thumbs:
Stimpy ( i just now got the whole ren and stimpy thing..im slow. you might want to call me stimpy)

No modifications were needed to fit them. Though i must say im not 100% sure that off the shelf 9.5 and 10.5 wheels will allow that. These oz's were specially built for this purpose after Shadowman did calculations and spoke with oz. Only he woulud know better than I.

Roger.. i had the same size wheels before they were damaged and then shipped out for refitment for teh 275 and 295's
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Re: Rob, Its about time....... LOL..............

FAST 5 said:
You comment of, "Stimpy ( i just now got the whole ren and stimpy thing..im slow. you might want to call me stimpy)"
Boy, it had me rolling.................. haahhh............ :1:
Ya know if some people on this board didnt know me in person, they would think im pretty stupid. I is not stupid
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
770 Posts
RennSportSC'dKellenersM5 said:
Im sure ill be posting even more info every single day from now on...supposedly the engine will be alive in 2 days.... THATS THE PHONE CALL IM WAITING FOR
Slow down big guy.. I know your excited but all the plumbing still has to go into it and a lot more detail work has to be done as well long before the key gets turned over. :noSMG:
 
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Top