BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just want to share some pictures of my M5 after a fair bit of work has gone into her.

What was done:
New Black OEM carpets (only non factory original part on the car)
New center armrest handle
New electric fan guard in front
New hood roundel
Cleaned exhaust tips
Polished headlight lenses
New front bumper freshly painted
Freshly painted parts
Hood
Front left and right fenders
Passenger side rocker panel
Front passenger side door handle
Rear drivers side door handle
Rear bumper
Paintless dent repair made to 3 small dents in rear drivers side door

There were a lot of weird paint issues with the car and a lot of rock chips

More photos of the exterior will come with the sunnier weather and a better location to take pics.

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Vehhry, vehry niiccee! :thumbsup:

Question: How difficult was it to replace the e-fan guard? Could the fan be removed in another couple of steps if you got that far?

·
Registered
6,632 Posts

Question: How difficult was it to replace the e-fan guard? Could the fan be removed in another couple of steps if you got that far?
The front air duct (P/N: 51712498939) a.k.a. e-fan guard is very quick and easy to remove. Pull the front bumper and a couple of expanding (plastic) rivets and it is off. The pusher fan (P/N: 64546921395) is an electrical connector and 4 M8 nuts (P/N: 22316760944) more work. All done in little more than an hour.

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Looks great - congratulations!

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everyone! :)

I did it the quick and very dirty way. I managed to take 3 of the 4 screws off that hold it on right through the front air ducts. The last one I drilled a discrete hole the plastic near the tail light to get at it. The entire job start to finish probably took 20 minutes. I am not typically one to do things like that but I didn't want to take the front bumper off, it is not something I have ever done and I didn't know how easy it would be.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts