BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First, I want to thank Dan for showing me his Interlagos E46. It is an absolutely beautiful car and the color is stunning. I would encourage ANYONE who interested in this color to see it before choosing it. It is gorgeous. The pictures do not do it justice. However, it is not for me. A little too purpleish in certain lights and looks like it will be a bear to take care of.

This is strictly MY opinion - but - i don't think it fits MY idea of what the ///M5 is about. I picked up the new brochure at the dealer on the way home from meeting dan and the pictures of the Silverstone car just grab me a little more. Yes - there are thousands of silver cars on the road (I hope Silverstone is different enough that I don't blend in too much) but it just suits me better. I would feel a little self conscious in IB M5 where I won't in Silverstone. I am a bit dissapointed that I am not going to get IB - I wanted desperately to get something other than silver - but IB is a little too over the top for me. Gorgeous color - but not for me. I am sure I will different in the morning.
:crying:

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,823 Posts
Scott --

You summarized my decision process verbatim (the only difference being I chose silver grey because it is more different from my current arctic silver M3 than the Silverstone). I am sure you will be happy with your choice.

·
Registered
537 Posts
once you get your car , id love to see them side by side. Mine should be here in about 2 weeks

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Your welcome Scott, it was a pleasure and it gave me a chance to hit Tower Records for a couple of CDs! I only wish my whole day went that well, first the dead hard drive in the laptop and then a $345 flat on the way home from meeting you!

As I mentioned to you, IB is not for everyone to say the least. It is a bright color, and one that gets looks in traffic. That said, I think I would still go with it, no matter the attraction it would bring. The last time I checked, I bought cars for me, not others on the road, and if they want to look at me, so what? I know the feeling I get when I walk out to the car or walk away from it when I park it. I have that same feeling about both of my Ms, but especially the M3, because of its color.

My last "sales pitch" for IB... if the color interests you, I wouldn't worry about the attention it will bring and just get it. Its funny really, I feel like I have a more emotional connection to the M3 than the M5, partially because I ordered the M3 and not the M5, and partially because I did the PC delivery in the M3 and not the M5, but largely because of that color.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
stominovich said:
I am a bit dissapointed that I am not going to get IB - I wanted desperately to get something other than silver - but IB is a little too over the top for me. Gorgeous color - but not for me. I am sure I will different in the morning.
:crying:
You know, these lines tell me that IB is in your future. As I mentioned to you yesterday, I am not a fan of Silverstone, in fact, I don't like silver cars at all, but I couldn't find myself liking Silverstone at all. I think if you get Silverstone and then see IB on a M5.. you might be disappointed.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
vndkshn said:
You know, these lines tell me that IB is in your future. As I mentioned to you yesterday, I am not a fan of Silverstone, in fact, I don't like silver cars at all, but I couldn't find myself liking Silverstone at all. I think if you get Silverstone and then see IB on a M5.. you might be disappointed.
If the weather's nice, and the cars are clean I could agree with you. If it's rained or snowed recently, or if the cars are just a bit dirty, the Silverstone will look a lot better.

·
Registered
7,572 Posts
vndkshn said:
Yep, it will had to find in the parking lot. It really isn't different than any other silver imo. The BMWNA M5 at Oktoberfest was silver, and it was very drab looking to me...again though just my opinion. Hence the reason we have a choice from BMW -- just wish the choice included more colors too.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Silverstone (ie grey) is too boring, too common, and too well "grandfather like" for my taste, but I am sure it suits many. Colour is a v. small part of the slection process for a car like the M5; thankfully not everyone wants the same colour- wouldn't life be boring if the only colour people liked was white and that was therefore all there was. I think there are many people seeking reassurance about their colour choice- just remember, what is right for you is right for you but not everyone else!
CSBM5 said:
Yep, it will had to find in the parking lot. It really isn't different than any other silver imo. The BMWNA M5 at Oktoberfest was silver, and it was very drab looking to me...again though just my opinion. Hence the reason we have a choice from BMW -- just wish the choice included more colors too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts