BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a e60 m5 v10 which is not firing on all ten 5 and 8 not firing change plugs and coil packs i dont no if its an engine fault or electrics :( can anybody help

·
Registered
403 Posts
Explain more, all of them or 5 and 8, did you change plugs and coils on all 10,
First to start pull the fault codes.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have a e60 m5 v10 which is not firing on all ten 5 and 8 not firing change plugs and coil packs i dont no if its an engine fault or electrics :( can anybody help
i put in ten new plugs and 5 coil packs

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i put in ten new plugs and 4 coil packs / 5 4 8 10 it starts up but msg lack of power engine light on

·
Registered
403 Posts
I understand now, again you need to pull the codes by a mean of fault codes scanner not what is displayed on the infotainment screen.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Was it working before with the old coils and plugs? We’d have to assume yes but at some point no. That would help to know. Regardless make sure all the coils are FULLY seated. They can be put on without being fully seated.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
first of all thank you to everyone who replied to my msg i really dont have a clue about it. it was running fine then it went into limp mode had the AA out they said 4 and 8 coil put new ones in it run fine for a month then it went again had it scanned then it was 5 and 4 so i changed 5 and 4 coils and put in ten new plugs still not firing on all ten i dont no what the codes are but ill have it scanned again and ask for the codes

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Was it working before with the old coils and plugs? We’d have to assume yes but at some point no. That would help to know. Regardless make sure all the coils are FULLY seated. They can be put on without being fully seated.
push them in as far as they would go but it made no no difference

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thank you for your reply ive put ten new plugs in and 4 new coils it just keeps coming back 4 and 5 when scanned

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No I haven't done the fuel filter but the injectors have been checked but still the same

·
Registered
560 Posts
They have a tool that allows you to hook up the coil and observe it firing. It may be time to dig into the wiring diagram and see where everything goes? You could swap the Ionic modules and see if the problem follows? The car has plenty of fuel in it?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
They have a tool that allows you to hook up the coil and observe it firing. It may be time to dig into the wiring diagram and see where everything goes? You could swap the Ionic modules and see if the problem follows? The car has plenty of fuel in it?
Try this one as NoVa mention it. It is 5 min job . if misfires goes to bank 2 cyl 9 and 10, then problem solved
Thanks Alan I will give that a go

1 - 20 of 21 Posts