BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've only had my beast for a week, leave to go outta town, and I have withdraws already! LOL! Anyone else go through this? Driving this truck for a few more days aint cuttin' it.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I broke my wrist (rather badly) just before Thanksgiving. No stick driving until mid-January at least. So the beast went to the body shop for a hood respray and some minor de-rusting. I've got some minor interior work to do over the holidays and then when the doc gives me the all clear it's back to some local hooning.

I hear ya.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I have had mine stored at my indy since early Nov and it is killing me at this point. I am taking my X-5 in for an oil change today and will visit the M-5. Luckily it is stored between a 320i and a 911. I am sure there is a bit of German spoken when the lights go out. Won't be getting it out until April due to road salt. It keeps the mileage down but eliminates the pleasure as well.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sales Geek, best of luck to you on that wrist. Im sure you cant wait to get back to 100%. Look at the bright side. At least its during the winter months. It just so happens that in NC this year, we really haven't seen much of a winter.

Psudo, I'm guessing youre going through it like I am. Just going to the shop to see your beast gets you going again. Good thing its parked between the other cars or else it would be game on.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I feel you. My beast has been parked for 10 days waiting on my new repaired gauges. Now my new insurance company wants me to wait another week for my new policy discount to kick in. grrrrrrr My wife's 325xi is not cutting it.

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
It happens to 99% of E39 M5 owners. Mine is my DD and I still can't get enough - always looking for a reason to drive the beast!

·
Registered
991 Posts
It happens to 99% of E39 M5 owners. Mine is my DD and I still can't get enough - always looking for a reason to drive the beast!

You have no idea how hard it is to ALWAYS be on the road for days at a time, and have to drive econo-box rentals all over the place. My last snap of withdrawal was extremely hard, when the rental car was a white Toyota egg, I have no idea what the name was. The interior smelled of cheap plastic carcinogens and the gauge pod was glued directly center of the dashboard. The engine and road noise couldn't have been louder unless I duct taped myself to the undercarriage of the car. The ride was about as comfortable as being stabbed. It had like three cupholders, to enhance luxury. What a piece of crap! My 89' E30 which is bone stock (kept up in origional/classic trim) felt enormously quicker on the way home from the airport than it probably ever has!

·
Registered
86 Posts
luckily I have not had these withdrawls yet. I have not been without my M5 for any length of time. I do however love that feeling I get when I turn the alarm off and i'm just about the sit in it. I've had the car for some time now and still feels the same. Every other car i've owned only took about a month to get it out of my system. Not my E39 M5 though. This is a special car.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
I had my car in the body shop for about a month and I damn near went crazy..
I was not a happy person during that month lol..
Every time I would start my rental car I would become angrier and angrier..
You don't want to be in the way of an angry Mazda 6 driver....

·
Registered
6,197 Posts
My ///M5 has been in storage for almost two weeks now, I don't know if i'm going to make it until mid-march without losing it :(
I'm looking EXTREMELY forward to starting it up this weekend. :biggrin:
My DD is a E39 528, it helps but it isn't the same. :shakemitkopf:

We all feel your pain :crying:

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
It's understandable. I am not looking forward to having my car in the paint booth in a couple months....I keep telling myself it will be worth it. :3:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts