BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I still want to share since I get most of my inspiration from this board and its great group of members :cheers:

I finally took some shots of the car this weekend, im still due for a proper photoshoot but I figured these would do for now.
My specs and mods:

2001 540i auto. (eurospec) with 59000KM.

- Front and Rear M-tech bumpers
- m5 mirrors
- m5 trunk lip
- jet black roof
- jet black kidney grills
- jet black window trim
- 6K low beam xenon bulbs
- 6K fogs
- umnitza V2 angel eyes
- 20x8.5 / 10 iForged, matte black centers, polished lips and barrels.
- 245/30 and 285/25 Nitto Invo tires
- Stainless brake lines
- Cquence drilled front and rear rotors
- EBC Yellow stuff brake pads
- Bilstein HD shocks & Eibach prokit
- Cat & rear muffler delete with custom tips.
- Interior is bone stock with the exception of carbon fabric and custom suede headliner, pillars and rear speaker deck.

Future mods are m3 smg steering wheel, aluminum pedals, component speakers amp and sub (all neatly installed and hidden), Bilstein PSS to replace my current setup and some nice engine mods, among some other details. All C&C welcomed.

finally out of the garage after 1 month with no use, lol.

then after some hours of washing and waxing and a trip to the local track... (15.1 1/4 mile with a lousy RT and a bad maf sensor)

then back home....

I really wish she sat about 1" lower in the rear and about .5" in the front. :Thumbdown:

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Nice looking car, mate, very mean :cool:

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
She's a beauty. Very clean looking.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
That's a very smart E39 :cheers:

Funny thing with gas /fuel pumps. Why do so many people not realise that the hose will reach around a car? I've lost count of the number of times I've avoided huge queues at pumps by using the opposite side. The looks from people are priceless when they see me park at the 'wrong' pump but then the hose magically reaches around the other side. Funny thing is, they still stay in the loooong queue for the 'right' pump! ouich

·
Registered
142 Posts
nice clean car:cheers: i had a 98 540i/6 before my m5 missed the better mpg

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hey mate, don't feel too lonely I'm one of those automatic 540i owners as well :cheers: except mine is the US version and I have a the OEM sport package. I think your car came out really clean you you should consider throwing in the sport seats much nicer looking and feels better too. I was thinking about wrapping my trim in CF but I got it painted and right now my car is being dropped with Bilstein Sport shocks and Eibach Sport springs after it comes back I'll be fitting those if they don't look good I'll probably wrap it and I have the same interior as yours only thing different is I have the sport stuff in there. Btw.. How is the ride with the shocks and springs compared to your stock? I have the stock sport suspension which is pretty tight compared to the regular ones I've driven but I was wondering if it gets any stiffer or tighter? Here's some pics of my 5..

The floormats were drying, I've now updated to the MK4 Nav and I have the OEM Alcantara M5 headliner and that's about it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts