BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those in the Northern VA area, I found a great mechanic who specializes in only BMWs. Alexandria Bavarian is the name...right off Rt. 1 by Potomac Yards. I'm getting my tires mounted there tomorrow for $136!!!!!!!! Insane!!! And he doesn't use that Hunter machine for mounting that scratches the rims...he's got the machine that BMW uses. BMW of Arlington quoted me $440 for the mount/balance and they said they would only do it if I bought the tires from them. Pitiful. I'm sure I'm coming into this late and many of you already know about this shop (Grant Randall is the owner and guy you should speak with www.alexandriabavarian.com), but for those who don't...I hope this helps.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh, forgot to mention that he is a tirerack dealer so he can get tires at the same price you'd get from tirerack. Because of my misfortune with the Goodyear GSD3's, tirerack gave me PS2's for $199 fronts, $255 rears...and he said that he could match that. BEAT THAT!!

·
Registered
136 Posts
thanks.. i'll keep that in mind. i've only taken my cars to Radial Tire in Silver Spring, MD. but they are like the soup nazi of tires. you have to arrive before they open to get in line. if not, the line is so long, your car wont be done that day. but they have been my only trusted tire source.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts