BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, I decided to get a little bit more involved in the car scene over here in NI seeing as I keep telling my friends I'm a massive petrol head yet I don't actually get out driving too much. (The cars serviceability sees to that!)
A friend of mine recommended I take a look at the RMS Motoring forums as they are basically Ireland's main car enthusiasts group.
I took a look, and saw endless amounts of Vauxhall Nova's, Corsa's, Ford Fiesta's and Subaru Impreza's. All with stupid low suspension and farty bean cans on the back. Not really my cup of tea, at least not since I was 17 anyway.
But I persevered. I posted an introduction and explained my woes I'm having with my M5 and basically they made me feel like I didn't belong and I was full of myself. Again, not too impressed in all honesty. They didn't seem too welcoming. I've been trying to sell my 335d and my CSL style wheels on their forums and people just comment they are worthless and nobody is going to pay that money for them. (Maybe that's just because they are tight over here?).
But still, i thought I'd persevere. I started to notice the odd car that took my fancy on the forums, plenty of newer BMW M cars and Audi RS's. But then also some golden classics, Ferrari's, a Mclaren etc. All cars any petrol head would want to see.
So today they held an event called Cars & Coffee. It's basically a get together, in a car park, next to Starbucks. Classy. Took me back to my roots when I was 17 again! I thought maybe 20 cars would show up.
I decided to take the M5 out for a spin seeing as it's during daylight hours and I don't need headlights anyway. My friend came along in his 370Z NISMO too.
We got there, and there were some amazing cars their. Here are the pics to prove it. The highlights for me were the new Nissan GTR (next to my friends 370Z NISMO), The Shelby Mustang GT500 and that gorgeous coloured BMW 3 Series in Yellow/Lime colour.

Enjoy...

Attachments

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Some more...

Attachments

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3