Are you going to attend this Northern get-together on 3rd April

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Since the Southern branch of the M5 Messageboard are arranging a get-together for Sunday 3rd April, how about the Northern peeps do the same.

I am open to ideas of where to hold it and I would prefer somewhere with nice driving roads to get to and from the meet. Somewhere like the Snake Pass Inn (S33 0BJ) or Ladyblower Inn (S33 0AX) on the A57 Snake Pass would suit me, but I appreciate this may not be the best location for others.

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/streetmap.dll?G2M?X=416640&Y=388240&A=Y&Z=6

Alternatively I have provisionally booked a track day at Elvington (York) on Saturday 2nd March and we could meet up at or after that?

·
Registered
707 Posts
I could be up for this Tony.

Snake Pass Inn or Ladybower would be great.

Or there's a great little pub called the Strines Inn which is on a lovely little road (not ideal for M5s, but nice all the same!) between the Snake and Woodhead passes.

If you go past the Ladybower towards Sheffield, then after about 1.5 miles you can turn left. It's a couple of miles down there..............

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Ha ha ha, Penistone.

God I'm childish.

:rolleyes:

As there are currently two people in the North, and Three or Four in the south, why don't we all meet in the middle somewhere? Perhaps somewhere around/about the West Midlands.

I appreciate that most of Birmingham is minging. Although Snake Pass and so-on are very nice places to be, how about we all drive a bit further to get together? Bigger meet...

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
AndyE said:
Ha ha ha, Penistone.

God I'm childish.

:rolleyes:

As there are currently two people in the North, and Three or Four in the south, why don't we all meet in the middle somewhere? Perhaps somewhere around/about the West Midlands.

I appreciate that most of Birmingham is minging. Although Snake Pass and so-on are very nice places to be, how about we all drive a bit further to get together? Bigger meet...
Somewhere like Donington maybe!

I thought LadyBlower was bad enough, but Penistone near Bolsterstone (read as balls tears tone) as well - must be the inbreeding - and what's a Whightwizzle when it's at home?

I thought Grenoside was illegal - and Oxspring sounds like inter-species breeding!

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Rob Plummer said:
Mmm-Five said:
I thought LadyBlower was bad enough,QUOTE]

It's Ladybower - no L in the middle!!
Ah, so that's why nobody ever turns up to meets I arrange :hihihi:

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I'd be happy to travel a bit further out if it's a bigger get-together. Donington's not too far for me.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Rob Plummer said:
How about Mallory on 20th March - then you can take the p1ss out of me in my ickle car............ :byee55amg
Not if your tyres keep blowing up whenever you tow!! hiha

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Rob Plummer said:
How about Mallory on 20th March - then you can take the p1ss out of me in my ickle car............ :byee55amg
Mallory's a little small for the M5 I think, Rockingham would be better or Bedford?

I don't think I'll have my brakes done and suspension checked/fixed before the end of the month either as I am waiting 6 week's worth of pay/expenses to be invoiced/paid.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Rob Plummer said:
I could be up for this Tony.

Snake Pass Inn or Ladybower would be great.

Or there's a great little pub called the Strines Inn which is on a lovely little road (not ideal for M5s, but nice all the same!) between the Snake and Woodhead passes.

If you go past the Ladybower towards Sheffield, then after about 1.5 miles you can turn left. It's a couple of miles down there..............
Snake Pass Inn, now that sounds like the kind of place I would enjoy, petty I'd need my passport though
:sad1:

·
Registered
707 Posts
Mmm-Five said:
Mallory's a little small for the M5 I think, Rockingham would be better or Bedford?

I don't think I'll have my brakes done and suspension checked/fixed before the end of the month either as I am waiting 6 week's worth of pay/expenses to be invoiced/paid.
I didn't mean for a blast around - just as a meeting spot. It's my first race, so apart from having an M5 meet, you could all take the p1ss out of me for coming last.............

And watch some other racing as well................?

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Bump - can't let those southerners have it all their own way!

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Mmm-Five said:
Bump - can't let those southerners have it all their own way!
Well you could have had this on another day?

Then some of us who are in the NW could have gone to both but...... :sad1:

Oh well I suppose I will have to have acherrsagai with you another time, and anyway during the week you are a Southerner and I am a Northener.

Oh well.

Simon

·
Registered
246 Posts
Guys
I need another poll. :haha:

In the UK where does the NORTH start. I though that the likes of Plisken and I were in the North and all you other lot were in the South.

We could re-arrange geographically.

Birmingham and below can be South
Manchester, Liverpool York etc are the Midlands
Newcastle, Carlisle etc is North

We will be extremely far north and Aberdeen can be the edge of the known northern world.

Enjoy your day out :cheers:

·
Registered
707 Posts
Brian M5 said:
Guys
I need another poll. :haha:

In the UK where does the NORTH start. I though that the likes of Plisken and I were in the North and all you other lot were in the South.

We could re-arrange geographically.

Birmingham and below can be South
Manchester, Liverpool York etc are the Midlands
Newcastle, Carlisle etc is North

We will be extremely far north and Aberdeen can be the edge of the known northern world.

Enjoy your day out :cheers:

Haha! A mate of mine lives in Dunfermline (spell?) and he always maintains that the city closest to the centre of the UK mainland is Newcastle..............

1 - 20 of 22 Posts