BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

So Mr. LeeDan00 (Dan) has been wanting to check out my car for awhile and suggested maybe we do a mini-meet next weekend, Memorial Day weekend. Thought I would start a thread to gauge interest to see who's around and availability.

Nothing settled yet on date, time, or location. Just thought I'd get the ball rolling and then we can work out details later. Somewhere in the Bay Area will be the location, I can tell you that :)

-Randy

Reactions: Gcal08

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Sounds good. It'd also be nice to meet a few more fellow M owners. We can meet Sat/Sun and place TBD.

Dan

·
Registered
7,328 Posts
If my car's back and I'm in town, I'd be in. If you want to do it in the morning, how about rolling into SR for the Cars and Croissants and then breaking off to do our own thing like lunch or something?

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If my car's back and I'm in town, I'd be in. If you want to do it in the morning, how about rolling into SR for the Cars and Croissants and then breaking off to do our own thing like lunch or something?
I wasn't sure if there was already a Cars & Coffee/Croissants setup already. That could work! Takes away half the planning haha.

·
Registered
7,328 Posts
I wasn't sure if there was already a Cars & Coffee/Croissants setup already. That could work! Takes away half the planning haha.
Yeah 100|OCT has it on every third Saturdays at SR from 9-12.

·
Registered
7,328 Posts
great minds, Tony. I was suggesting the same to Randy over texts lol.

Tony - where's your car now?
At Four B Auto in Santa Clara. They've been busy but supposed to get to it today. I've been standing at the freeway off ramp by my house begging for donations. :1zhelp: :hihihi:

Reactions: LeeDan00

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
Down in SoCal for the Palomar run Memorial Day weekend... but if anyone is around Monday, how about a 35/84/1 run?

·
Registered
7,328 Posts
lol. hope you get your ride back today man!
Haven't heard back from them. At this rate, I'll be lucky if I get it back by the weekend. :(

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Tony, hope your car's back soon if not back already!

So this coming Saturday 5/24? We can meet at the same credit union again and drive in together and then break to do our own thing if everyone has time.

Dan

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

So this coming Saturday 5/24? We can meet at the same credit union again and drive in together and then break to do our own thing if everyone has time.

Dan
Sounds good, Dan. Let's take Calvin's route again. Re-posting his map. Same time as what you guys did last time? Meet at the Credit Union at 9AM?

·
Registered
7,328 Posts

Dan
My car's supposed to be done today but I'm still up in the air for this weekend as I'm trying to schedule a soccer game for my son's team that morning.

Assuming I can make it, how about lunch at Straits or Yard House?

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My car's supposed to be done today but I'm still up in the air for this weekend as I'm trying to schedule a soccer game for my son's team that morning.

Assuming I can make it, how about lunch at Straits or Yard House?
That works. If I had a preference I'd like to try Straits as I've never been before.

·
Registered
7,328 Posts
That works. If I had a preference I'd like to try Straits as I've never been before.
Yeah they have nice outside seating areas too.

Reactions: randywei

·
Registered
78 Posts
100oct posted this on facebook,

"In order to get all cars closer together and have better flow between Exotics Row (still on Santana Row itself) and Performance Row, Santana Row has offered us access to an office parking garage that is only 2 stories high and closer to the sponsor tents (where coffee and croissants will be provided). See map attached. Our volunteers will direct you, but if you know where you're going before the event, it will help! See you all on Saturday!

This is a parking garage that is usually restricted for access, so gates will be open for us at 8am and closed back to restricted at 2pm, so if you want to have lunch at Santana Row before taking off, you are more than welcome to do so. Just remember to leave before 2pm."

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
100oct posted this on facebook,

"In order to get all cars closer together and have better flow between Exotics Row (still on Santana Row itself) and Performance Row, Santana Row has offered us access to an office parking garage that is only 2 stories high and closer to the sponsor tents (where coffee and croissants will be provided). See map attached. Our volunteers will direct you, but if you know where you're going before the event, it will help! See you all on Saturday!

This is a parking garage that is usually restricted for access, so gates will be open for us at 8am and closed back to restricted at 2pm, so if you want to have lunch at Santana Row before taking off, you are more than welcome to do so. Just remember to leave before 2pm."
Ah, is this the new parking garage they constructed in the "back" (by "back" I mean more towards the hwy 17/880)? Was always wondering what that parking garage was for.

Did we want to stick with the original plan and depart at 9AM? Or do we want to go earlier?

·
Registered
7,328 Posts
The plan is to meet at Star One at 9 and then heading to SR at 9:30.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Is everyone okay with this driving route? Or would some people still prefer to first cruise down the Row and then we loop around to the parking garage?

Attachments

1 - 20 of 69 Posts