BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

781 - 798 of 798 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
I've had friends use other BMW shops and then have to end up at Dinan for a repair (ionic control module on that one). On another occasion, they proactively found a suspension and an exhaust issue that I didn't even know I had. They are just about the lowest cost on oil changes as well. They are not cheap on other items but I do trust them and the work they do.

Some good points, I'll keep this in mind.

·
Registered
7,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #782

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hi everyone, I'm in Seattle and considering purchasing a 2000 E39 M5 from an owner in San Francisco. Sounds like he lives in the city proper, so I'm curious if there is a reputable shop in the city where I could get a PPI. I used the search function, but most posts are dated or don't have recommendations near the city. Any ideas for me? Thanks!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Hi everyone, I'm in Seattle and considering purchasing a 2000 E39 M5 from an owner in San Francisco. Sounds like he lives in the city proper, so I'm curious if there is a reputable shop in the city where I could get a PPI. I used the search function, but most posts are dated or don't have recommendations near the city. Any ideas for me? Thanks!
https://www.yelp.com/biz/phaedrus-bmw-san-francisco

·
Registered
7,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #789
I see lots of general Cars and Coffee meets on FB every now and then in the Bay Area.

I also might do another ECFest in the fall...in San Jose.

·
Registered
7,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #791
Where are you located?

·
Registered
7,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #793
Not much recent activity in this thread... are folks in NorCal still meeting up on a semi regular basis?
I think a lot of members are now on the FB page ///M5 Republic. I still browse here once in a while but not that often. I'm on various other FB car groups too and people meet up at local cars and coffee events. Where are you located?

·
Registered
85 Posts
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
I think a lot of members are now on the FB page ///M5 Republic. I still browse here once in a while but not that often. I'm on various other FB car groups too and people meet up at local cars and coffee events. Where are you located?
Boo on FB. ;)

I'm in Los Gatos, but am willing do drive around the bay to meet up with folks... as long as it's via the back roads.

·
Registered
7,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #796
On a somewhat related note: anyone heading to the final Canepa C&C this Saturday?
I thought I saw some BMW friends noting that they're going to that event. If I'm not out late Fri, I might try to go. Never been.

Or maybe another time, we can meet up and go for a drive. My favorite route is Bear Creek Rd off Hwy 17 and then to Hwy 9 either into downtown Saratoga or up skyline.

781 - 798 of 798 Posts