BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Selling my Carbon Black 2003 BMW M5 that's in excellent condition. Clean title with no accidents.

Here's the list of OEM options:

- Carbon Black Metallic exterior
- Black leather interior with the ostrich inserts
- Fold down rear seats with ski bag
- Park distance control, front & rear
- M Audio sound package

Inspection 1 was done at Stevens Creek BMW and I believe the clutch was replaced under warranty there as well. The second owner replaced the brakes and did oil changes at Los Gatos BMW once the car was out of warranty. Sonic Motorsport also just installed new OEM pads in the rear about a month ago.

I have the original manuals/books, the original ///M leather book cover, all 4 original keys and the original window sticker.

More info about the car:

Exterior: There is some rash on the OEM wheels (they're not mint). The dealer had installed the license plate bracket so there are two small holes in the front bumper (not noticeable since it's a dark colored car). Otherwise the car and the paint are in great condition.

Interior: I swapped out the wood trim for an European trim called Black Cubic which is near black but has a brushed dark blue hue to it which matches the carbon black exterior perfectly. The leather is in exceptional condition, even the front driver's seat.

Mechanical: the car drives like new (no joke). The car was serviced at Stevens Creek BMW in the Bay Area through the 4 yr warranty period. From 2007 until 2013 it was maintained at Autobahn Los Gatos (an independent shop specializing in bmw).
The original owner sold the car to his neighbor in Los Gatos. When the 2nd owner bought the car, he had the brakes replaced. An oil change was done at 45K miles with Castrol 10w60 and another one at 50K.

I purchased this M5 in December of 2013 at 51k miles and it now has only 56k miles, which is the main reason for the sale, I figure someone else should enjoy her more than me.

A couple of tasteful modifications include:

- Razahyde carbon fiber intake tubes, they're exact copies of Dinan's version
- BC Racing coilovers with Swift springs, purchased new and installed at around 55k miles
- LED angel eyes with 6,000k output
- Upgraded low beam bulbs with 6,000k output
- Custom straight pipe exhaust with Magnaflow tips
- Hamann replica front lip in black
- H&R front spacers, purchased new from Sonic Motorsport
- E60 short shifter, purchased new from East Bay BMW and installed at around 54k miles
- AUX cable hook up
- Black Cubic interior trim
- Ceramic window tint all around

I also purchased (but not installed) a set of European E39 seat belts in gray that were not available for the US market that I can include in the sale. Also have a new set of H&R spacers for the rear that were never installed. I also have a few extra bottles of 10W60 oil to go with the car as well.

Brand new (maybe 100 miles) Michelin Pilot Super Sports, balanced and installed by Sonic Motorsport in San Jose.

This beast shifts, drives, sounds and looks amazing. Gets looks everywhere and it has always been 100% garage parked and has never smoked in. Never raced or tracked.

Serious inquiries only, cash deal and not interested in any trades.

The black DPE wheels shown are not included, the M5 will come with OEM 18"s with the new Michelins.

Asking $28,500 or best reasonable offer.

Attachments

·
Registered
161 Posts
Wow - Car looks to be in fantastic shape. I love the interior trim with your Carbon Black Exterior and black sport interior.

GLWS.

Reactions: Torquey5

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
I've seen this car in person and it's gorgeous. Still can't believe you're selling it Dan. GL!

Reactions: Torquey5

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Couple of fresh pics from yesterday... removed the DPE's and have the OEM 18" wheels on now with the new Michelin PSS.

Have only driven her about twice since I first posted this thread, the other times I have started her about once a week to help keep the battery juiced up.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts