1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another Cars & Croissants at Santana Row this month. June 28th 9:00AM - 12:00PM

https://www.facebook.com/events/526727790764451/

-----
New for 2014, 100|OCT is proud to introduce a monthly meet for exotic cars.

On the fourth Saturday of the month, from April to December, from 9am to 12pm, 100|OCT‘s Cars and Croissants takes place at Santana Row in San Jose.

At 100|OCT‘s Cars and Croissants, we will have cars and croissants (of course), as well as coffee for everyone.

Los Gatos Luxury Cars will be displaying their latest car arrival at each event.

McLaren San Francisco will also bring their latest and greatest!

Location for the event will be on The Row itself for exotic cars, and at the top of the parking structure for performance cars.

Our location is close to:
- Lavazza/Starbucks/Peet's, if a paper cup while standing is your thing;
- great restaurants with full breakfast/brunch/lunch menus, if you’d rather have a sit-down meal;
- retail stores, if your significant other is not into cars, he or she can shop while you chat with your fellow car enthusiasts.

There is no fee to attend this event.
-----

McLaren SF will bring their latest and greatest...a P1 perhaps?!

Maybe this time they will let us part on the Row this time...we're exotic enough, right? lol

Anyone want to volunteer to be leader this time? I see from the Facebook event that Jon and Arlin already clicked 'Attending'. Same meeting spot as last time at the Star One Credit Union.

--Randy

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess I can make it to this one.
lol why do you seem so reluctant to go? WELL, WE DON'T WANT YOU THERE, GIAN!! :p

JK, bro. Happy Father's Day, btw. Are you back in town already?

Reactions: Gcal08

·
Registered
345 Posts
its little far away .... but count me in for right now ... unless something else comes up ......

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:jump: lol! Thanks bro! I'll be back on Wednesday....
Okay, cool. I want you to drive my car around and tell me if I'm crazy or if just changing the sway bars has miraculously fixed my suspension issue...

·
Registered
185 Posts
Okay, cool. I want you to drive my car around and tell me if I'm crazy or if just changing the sway bars has miraculously fixed my suspension issue...
As long as you have a waiver ready for me to sign that I'm not responsible if anything breaks! Lol!

I'm open all day Thursday...

·
Registered
78 Posts
im most likely down. Also any of you guys interested in maybe going to treasure island after for a photoshoot? my friend asked me to help take photos out there. they will have some cars and models...

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
As long as you have a waiver ready for me to sign that I'm not responsible if anything breaks! Lol!

I'm open all day Thursday...
You already broke one of my struts, you dick. hahaha jk

im most likely down. Also any of you guys interested in maybe going to treasure island after for a photoshoot? my friend asked me to help take photos out there. they will have some cars and models...
Down for a photoshoot at Treasure Island afterwards!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Sounds kinda cool.

What was wrong with your suspension??

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What was wrong with your suspension??
I kept hearing/feeling some rattle coming from the front suspension. Sounded like either sway bar end links or possibly a strut starting to go bad. PTech looked at it last Friday and said that the strut was indeed going bad (I need to sync up with them tomorrow on how they concluded that. I was busy on a conference call while I was there last Friday so didn't ask all the questions I should have). Sway bar end links looked fine.

However, after they installed my RDSport sways, I don't hear/feel the rattle anymore. They said my stock front sway with Dinan FRC looked fine and that it was the strut causing the issue. But the RDSport sways do have different stiffness settings and I set it on the middle one...need to call them tomorrow and talk to the tech about whether or not he did something else. :confused2

Reactions: TunaRollZ

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
7,328 Posts

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Jon got his wish of wanting more car meets...

Performance Technic just announced this week that they plan to have Cars & Coffee meets once a month at their shop for the warm months.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
7,328 Posts
Define "vintage". Last of the NA M5's?? lol
Hey I still consider our cars to be modern. haha

It's my resistance to growing old. :)

·
Registered