BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Hello Nor Cal M5 owners,

Kronen Tuning and EvoTech are looking for a M5 owner that will help us to test our EvoTech ECU upgrade.

Benefits:
Special pricing.
EvoTech will work on the car on location.
Free DynoJet before/after pulls.

www.evotech.de
www.kronentuning.com
"Special Pricing" meaning FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Adam, Can you please explain more about the tuning? Any different from the others out there? I am just wondering because I am in the North Bay and might consider it, but am curious what you would offer if my car was to be a Guinea Pig?

Eric

·
Banned
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Eric, right now Kronen's goal has changed really. We are trying to push high 600's for the new M5 (supersprint or Evotech). So if you are interested, please give me a call. Thank you buddy. :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Im interested in this! I have a few questions though. How long do you want to keep the car? can you PM me and give me some more information on what you want to use the car for and how you will keep high 600s streetable and reliable:noSMG:

thanks

·
Banned
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Wow, i never knew this would generate such a great interest among the new M5 owners. In brief, we will be testing out the EvoTech headers, Evotech air intake and Evotech ECU.

We will also test out supersprint parts to have a comparison. Hence we will probably need two M5s going two different routes.

I will need the car for 1 1/2 weeks. We will be installing the parts, and dyno tune it. So the first person who actually has the courage to do all this will get the free dynos. Bear in mind that, high 600 is to the crank and part of our objective is to keep it as street legal and as reliable as possible.

A little info about Evotech.
EvoTech is a sister company of Renntech based in Germany. An English website will be up and running soon.
www.renntechmercedes.com
www.evotech.de

For those who are interested, can you please call me or pm me your number and name so i can give you a more thorough explanation on Monday? Thank you.

·
Banned
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Project A
Supersprint headers
Supersprint racing metallic converters
Supersprint exhausts

Project B
EvoTech headers
EvoTech racing metallic converters
EvoTech ECU upgrade
EvoTech carbon fiber airbox

·
Registered
49,477 Posts
I beleive this is hte correct link to Renntech

http://renntechmercedes.com/About.html

I have always read about Renntech, the AMG director that went USA to do the startup. good timing in the 80's for Miami Vice ;)

So have I understood it right that Mr Feyl is running evotech.de from USA but based in Germany?

A little info about Evotech.
EvoTech is a sister company of Renntech based in Germany. An English website will be up and running soon.
www.renntechmercedes.com
www.evotech.de

For those who are interested, can you please call me or pm me your number and name so i can give you a more thorough explanation on Monday? Thank you.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Project A
Supersprint headers
Supersprint racing metallic converters
Supersprint exhausts

Project B
EvoTech headers
EvoTech racing metallic converters
EvoTech ECU upgrade
EvoTech carbon fiber airbox
Adam:

Still looking for a project A? My SS Headers, cats, Xpipe and Race Mufflers are being installed starting Monday and I may be in the bay area for a few days after the 4th of July if you want to run a comparison dyno. Otherwise, I should have pre/post install numbers on EvoSport's dyno for a rough comparison.

·
Registered
196 Posts
drewzMMM said:
"Special Pricing" meaning FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE?
They were talking about special pricing of around $15-20K. For Project B, that is. It doesnt seem so special if you do your homework. Seems more like a marketing ploy to come in and buy the exhaust at the price they are going to charge normally. So the comment of:

Haha, close.
I doubt it.

Eric

1 - 17 of 17 Posts