BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all...

I love reading this forum, and I'm finally ready to tackle the Beast.

I've got a deposit down on an '03 Carbon Black M5, that is going into the dealer today for an inspection. If all goes well, I'll be getting it tomorrow!!!

I'll be asking my service adviser to check for all those things that I read about in the Pre-inspection post. This really is a great community. I've been involved with Sportbike, MB, & SUV forums in the past, and the negativity really got old quick.

Hopefully I'll be able to post pic of MY M5!!! this weekend!

Wish me luck:flag:

Gerald

·
Registered
142 Posts
Good luck and if everything turns out good, then Congratulations on getting a beast!

I've had mine for almost a month...it's been great so far!

03BeastCharmer said:
Hello all...

I love reading this forum, and I'm finally ready to tackle the Beast.

I've got a deposit down on an '03 Carbon Black M5, that is going into the dealer today for an inspection. If all goes well, I'll be getting it tomorrow!!!

I'll be asking my service adviser to check for all those things that I read about in the Pre-inspection post. This really is a great community. I've been involved with Sportbike, MB, & SUV forums in the past, and the negativity really got old quick.

Hopefully I'll be able to post pic of MY M5!!! this weekend!

Wish me luck:flag:

Gerald

·
Registered
837 Posts
The number of TX's M5's just keeps on growing, enjoy Josh

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Welcome to the board! Let us know how the inspection goes, but I am sure all will be well. Just beware, there is negativity on this board too. Like how I am screaming jealous that I am not getting a beast soon...hiha hiha. Enjoy!
:cheers:

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:hihi: The Beast checked out. My service advisor said it was a good car to buy. He pulled up the service history, and everything had been done on time. It did have the cluch replaced 2 months ago, so it's got some new parts.

Tomorrow I get to sign on the line and try to live up to my name of BeastCharmer:viking:.

One more 2nd Generation M5 owner on the way!

·
Registered
931 Posts
Congratulations on the new arrival.

The Beast is like no other. Enjoy it to the max!!!!! :M5launch:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Gerald, is it the '03 that was available at Expo with Caramel interior? If so I looked at it about a month ago when it was at Gullo Toyota in Conroe. The last owner traded it in on a Land Bruiser (how could he? - I know). It is a very nice car. It would have come home with me but I'm holding on for black sport interior :wroom:

That was the first M5 I've looked at that my mother actually drove (we're business partners so she has veto power over the one I chose). That was the one she got hooked on...she found out how well the DSC works on the turn-around for one of the freeway overpasses

Congrats and welcome to the Houston gang.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's the one. So you're been hot dogging around in my future car, I hope you were gentle:thumbsup:

They are supposed to fix the rash on the wheels and then she'll be all mine

·
Registered
837 Posts
03BeastCharmer said:
That's the one. So you're been hot dogging around in my future car, I hope you were gentle:thumbsup:

Congrats, and let us know how they fix the curb rash and how much better it looks, Josh

·
Registered
64 Posts
03BeastCharmer said:

Hey, I was gentle
My 59 year old 5'2" 105lbs. mother was the one hot dogging! :noSMG:

Did they fix the front bumper? There was some pretty nasty damage to the front bumper on the passenger side. When I looked at it they had a quote to fix it but didn't want to do it since they would have to disclose that it had body work - so they were going to do it after a deal was signed.

Every single one I've seen has road rash on the wheels. I don't know who they use - but since they deal is exotics I bet they get a good job. One I looked at at M-B Sugarland had bad rash too and they had it fixed...looked pretty good.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
TXE39 said:
Did they fix the front bumper? There was some pretty nasty damage to the front bumper on the passenger side. When I looked at it they had a quote to fix it but didn't want to do it since they would have to disclose that it had body work - so they were going to do it after a deal was signed.

Every single one I've seen has road rash on the wheels. I don't know who they use - but since they deal is exotics I bet they get a good job. One I looked at at M-B Sugarland had bad rash too and they had it fixed...looked pretty good.
They fixed the bumper

You can't tell that it was cracked. The BMW service advice noticed a small dint in the door:crying2:, but couldn't tell that there was anything wrong with the bumper even after I told him.

Issues, issues... The wheels will be fixed Monday morning, and I'll pick it up then.

This is going to be a lot different from driving my old 4Runner. No more barreling down the road without a care for the "slight imperfections" of Houston roads

·
Registered
64 Posts
03BeastCharmer said:
This is going to be a lot different from driving my old 4Runner. No more barreling down the road without a care for the "slight imperfections" of Houston roads
Good that they fixed the bumper :M5thumbs: If you didn't what it looked like before it wasn't bad.

Yep. I made the mistake of driving a client around in the 5er rather than my Range Rover in the city last week and blasted a nasty bump/hole/small building on Bissonet. I have the car in the garage with the flat tire (most likely from a cracked Style 37 wheel to prove it) :3:

·
Registered
396 Posts
Hey Gerald, I am in almost the same lovely boat as you! My name is Steve and I flying from Denver to Yakima, WA to pickup my beast this coming Friday! It is an original owner 03 sterling grey with 14k miles.

Some of the members here have been unbelievably helpful; Ard, PCUT and DavidS to name a few. This forum is a wealth of information, and what is even more impressive, there is a real sense of community that has centered around these wonderful beasts!

We will have to compare notes as we get to experience our new cars over the next few weeks.

Thanks, Steve

·
Registered
168 Posts
Congrats on the (impending?) arrival!! CB is such a great color. Mine has a black luxury interior and I'm sure the carmel is great.

One general cae observation from personal experience. Be careful when you're washing the rocker panels. I'm inclined to lean on the door panel just below the window. Don't - the sheet metal isn't too thick and you'll cause a dimple. It's easily removed via the paintless dent romoval process. But, an ounce of prevention............ Enjoy! 5 Driver

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It official!!! I am the latest member of the M5 club. Now I just have to read through all of the manuals to figure out what all the buttons are supposed to do!

Her new home.

At home next to the mini monster that I'm selling. Now she just needs a really good cleaning/polish/wax!!

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Congratulations! I still remember that "first day" feeling!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts