BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm looking at this AA CAI and it looks quite a bit different (in pictures on the site, at least) than say Dinan or GruppeM intakes.

- Does the tubing go into the stock air-boxes?
- Can I keep stock air filters?
- Do those new openings in the lower grill feed both the CAI and brake cooling ducts?

I want to make sure I don't overwork my brakes on the track (I'm just starting out, so no BBKs), so I want to open up the brake ducts. Can any share their experience, should I go with Dinan's CAI and brake ducts or AA? Price aside.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Welcome to the board....
I have the AA CAI, but I have modified what they provided...

- Does the tubing go into the stock air-boxes? YES
- Can I keep stock air filters? YES
- Do those new openings in the lower grill feed both the CAI and brake cooling ducts? YES if you cut openings in the lower fender liner.

I did not use the brake cooling feature as IMHO the air flow does not reach the rotor and does no real cooling unless you install ducted backing plates. I connected the air hose directly to the air funnel in the grill to have a true Ram Air effect.... no air leaks, real pressure all the way to the valves.

Sound like you are starting down the slippery slope.

Best of Luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.