BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my car sat in the garage for about 2-3 weeks, upon starting it up today after putting new wheels/tires on. The car would not start, so i had to jump start it. Upon start up there was this ticking noise...not from the vanos, but from under the car. I was thinking maybe it sat for a decent amount of time this could be the cause of this?

I will def be getting a new battery for the car, as this one i think is out of juice, as far as the ticking noise i searched it and most came up vanos related problems.

Thanks for the help guys and happy new years!:cheers:

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
If it is a lifter, just start your car and rev it for a while(5min) or drive it(20km).
I can drive it monday, because my car is in a ~200 car garage, I cant rev it openly to for 5minutes without every car alarm going off, im going to have to do it when im outside, and its going to rain for the next two days here and i try not to get the beast wet unless i absolutely have to! Thanks for your input guys!

·
Registered
373 Posts
yea Raza already told me how to fix it ^_^, thanks for the reply anyways bro!
Just curious, what was the fix Raza recommended?

Searched for how to "fix" stuck lifters and I found some recommendations to use Seafoam. Just wanted to confirm that this was not a detrimental course of action.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just curious, what was the fix Raza recommended?

Searched for how to "fix" stuck lifters and I found some recommendations to use Seafoam. Just wanted to confirm that this was not a detrimental course of action.
engine reving...3k for 30 seconds,4k for 30, n 5k for 30

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
all you need to do is drive it and get it warmed up, it'll go away. No static revving necessary.. and driving it up to temp is preferable.

·
Registered
237 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts