BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All
I'm having a terrible time with my M5 Touring, it's been laid up over the winter months with only the occasional run.I came to it the other day & the battery was flat,tried charging it but it was no good so i bought a new battery,all was OK.
I took the car out for a drive & she ran lovely. when i came to it 2 weeks later could not get in with remote fob (having changed batteries in this) so opened car with other key. I got my other car to hook up jump leads but as soon as i hooked them up alarm & immobiliser kicked in!!
I've tried reprogramming key as in manual, i've also tried fully charged up battery but cannot seem to de-activate the alarm & immobiliser.
Can anyone out there help?
Mez.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Have you tried disconnecting the battery, leaving for 15 mins, then reconnecting and trying to program again? Worked for me when the morons at a certain car wash managed to trip the alarm.

:cheers:

ralph (vadas1)

·
Registered
131 Posts
Have you tried disconnecting the battery, leaving for 15 mins, then reconnecting and trying to program again? Worked for me when the morons at a certain car wash managed to trip the alarm.

:cheers:

ralph (vadas1)
While the battery is disconnected , connect the two cables together. This is a hard reset & might help you out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts