BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone has had any luck with ordering a non-standard interior color. I'm interested in getting Silverstone with the Caramel interior. Currently, Silverstone is only offered with black or the two-tone interiors.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I tried to do the same. As of now, BMWNA does not allow non-standard ordering on M5 cars. Maybe in the future. Dan.

·
Moderator Emeritus
5,150 Posts
maybe through BMW Individual?

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
no. it's *TOO* flashy. I personally LOVE. no, ADORE, no. damn...words always seem to fall short. in any case, i have great affinity for my Jet Black. I mean, the whole point of the m5 is subtle power. if you need a neon penis, buy a viper. (dont say ferrari, cuz my 360 is gorgeous too!)

subtle power != yellow.

--Dan

·
Registered
54 Posts
Dan...
when i ordered my car, it took me 2 seconds to pick jet black ...but after reading all the posts on here regarding paint, i began to wonder if i should have taken 5 seconds...as henry ford once said..."you can have any color, as long as it's black...thanks for confirming that...
bob

·
Moderator Emeritus
5,150 Posts
I think it'll be quite nice if the silver on black color of the M3 at IAA Frankfurt show could be done on the M5. =)

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have a Lemans/Carmel being built this week actually. I know this combo is not supposed to be available but my salesman said he did not have any trouble when he put the order in to the factory. We will soon know because I intend to check today. I saw a new Turbo 996 with a dark blue exterior and tan interior and knew it would look good on the M5. I know of someone who specially ordered a Dakar yellow one too.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I know that for additional $$$, you can have a nonstandard exterior color put on the car. i do not know about interior colors, but I think as a previous post suggested, if they can put it into the "system", you can get what you want. The yellow M5 certainly does away with the "understated" appearance. you would certainly be one of a few people on this planet with a yellow M5. Resale, if ever, might be a little slow, but who cares!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Bob, the procedure that the dealer should follow is to call the Regional Distribution Center, in your case it is Spartanburg SC for Performance BMW in Chapel Hill. Your dealer should contact Gene Manley at the center and tell them your production # and that you want the Dakar Yellow. Since that color is currently used at the M5 factory, it is available. The order will get a 430 code attached to it that means custom color designated. The upcharge is between 1200 and 1800, depending on the series of BMW. I will post this to your email address as well.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Why would anyone want a silverstone M5 given that it's actually powder blue. I would think this would look ok on a 1974 Lincolon Continental, but certainly not on an M5. What's the deal with that elderly person color?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Guys,

I have seen an 740 sports with special "metallic sapphire" paint and it is breath taking! In my own opinion it is the best color scheme I have ever seem on a car.

Happy motoring,

ET

1 - 13 of 13 Posts