BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I mentioned this in a thread on here but thought I,d ask:-
I have a nokia phone in the armrest of my car.Its a factory item I think,and it has a vodaphone sim card in it.
When I go to use it obviously says NO SERVICE as i haven,t signed up to any contract etc.I already have a Blackberry
but thought it would be useful to put a pay as you go sim card in so i,ve got the use of a phone via car steering wheel etc.
But when that sim is placed in phone a SIM CARD REJECTED message comes up on the phone.
Does anyone have an explaination why this may be the case of if im wasting my time with it etc.
cheers

·
Registered
279 Posts
thats unfortunate.
I have tried a vodafone and O2 sim in mine without issue.
I can't imagine the car phone should be locked to any network though?

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
I mentioned this in a thread on here but thought I,d ask:-
I have a nokia phone in the armrest of my car.Its a factory item I think,and it has a vodaphone sim card in it.
When I go to use it obviously says NO SERVICE as i haven,t signed up to any contract etc.I already have a Blackberry
but thought it would be useful to put a pay as you go sim card in so i,ve got the use of a phone via car steering wheel etc.
But when that sim is placed in phone a SIM CARD REJECTED message comes up on the phone.
Does anyone have an explaination why this may be the case of if im wasting my time with it etc.
cheers
Hey,

Are you with Orange, on your Blackberry ?

Cheers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts