BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok some of you that have been on here for a long while will know I love my tubi rumore setup... and I do I really do...

However ... this month I fancied going on a track day so I took the car to the track... there is a mandatory 102db limit... The steward doing the noise tests says 'rev her to 5000rpm' so I did next thing I know hes telling me its failed majorly... we didn't even get to 5k and I was blowing 105db....

So what id like to know is if anyone has installed a kind of baffle box with a valve that can be opened and closed = like some systems have built in?

Thanks

·
Registered
DinanS2+ e60m5 6MT, s38b38 e28m5 TT/ST3, e30 TT/ST4
6,255 Posts

·
Registered
DinanS2+ e60m5 6MT, s38b38 e28m5 TT/ST3, e30 TT/ST4
6,255 Posts
Hmmm that is A WAY of doing it lol

Was thinking more like this : Varex Mufflers
Specifically VMK30-250
Dont know anyone else that makes them ?
Never said it was pretty...:tonquesmilie:

Wouldn't you loose your Tubi sound with the VMK30-250?

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I hope not - because obviously with the baffles on i would loose it but when you change the valve it should be back to straight through ?

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi it's not a new exhaust I'm after just a centre box or something which is controllable. I have seen you can just put a butterfly in each pipe but of closed I'm sure it would run really poorly

·
Registered
138 Posts
Those mufflers look good, probably better for our cars than regular cutouts.

if its really just for track days then most guys buy clamp on mufflers and add them to the end of the exhaust, maybe replacing the tips if thats easy or clamping over the tips.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts