BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
13,187 Posts
This apparently is a design "feature". In a thread about how to unlock the OBC, there was a note that there seemed to be two indications for fuel, a rising number and a declining number that were combined. It seems the reading is designed to be lower when starting up (why? only those German engineers seems to know! :eek: ), so I don't think there is anything wrong with the gauges.
Regards,
Jerry

· Registered
13,187 Posts
bmwusa said:
I as well see this just about every week when the gas gets toward empty, I guess this must be normal if everyones else does it as well, has anybody had this happen? Once I was almost empty and I filled the tank up to the brim, almost overflowing, I was going on a road trip and wanted to see just how far I could get on a tank of gas, and when I turned the car on after fuleing the fuel gage only registered a 1/4 of a tank, it didnt begin sensing properly until I burned the fuel down to the quarter tank level, it has only happened once, but now just quit fueling when it clicks instead of pumping a little after, Josh
I have run my car well into the reserve. On a recent trip I watched the gauge as well as Range. When I got down to about 20 miles, I refueled and put in 19 gallons in an 18.5 gallon tank!(I attribute difference to filler neck, but I still had almost 1 usable gallon if the Range reading was correct). I also find the yellow reserve light comes on way too early, but if that turns out to be my biggest complaint I can live with it :haha: .
Regards,
Jerry

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.