BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my car has no VIN under the windshield. Also on Carfax it says it was imported from UK not Germany. Any ideas why this is it, and what else could be different? Thank you

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No it is right hand. It is build for US. I just bought the car last month from a dealer on Ohio and today when I tried to register it the clerk was looking for the vin. Finally he used the one on the door that matches with the rest of vins from strut and rear lid. All my previous car had the vin under windshield.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Maybe it has the wrong windshield for it and it hides the vin???

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks original it has BMW mark and has that big rubber under the wipers. I looked carefully.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Did you check the area right under the driver's side wiper arm?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Do you not have a VIN # on the paperwork itself, you mentioned the clerk had to come and see the car. I would be concerned right away if I did not have a Vin# on the paperwork itself, always when you buy a car it is your responsability to make sure the Vin# on the paper matches the VIN # of the car you are buying.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi I have the vin everywhere on the paperwork and the car except under the windshield. I would not have bought a car without the vin.

·
Registered
492 Posts
It could have had a replacement windsheild at some point that's not genuine BMW and therefore doesn't have the 'window' for the VIN. I can't remember exactly but I am pretty certain the VIN of the car is stamped into the body somewhere?

·
Registered
539 Posts
This post doesn't make any sense to me. If you already had the necessary paperwork to substantiate ownership when you gave it to the clerk to register the vehicle, why did the clerk physically have to come to the vehicle? I have never heard of that. Not in my state, not in any state I have previously resided and not ever before from anyone else in another state when they are registering theirs. Why was this necessary? Who the Hell would want to pay the cost of registration on one of these vehicles willingly? As if we would lie about ownership of these cars to a clerk or city/ town official. Haha.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I had no clue that he would want to check the vin. All my previous cars I bought new from the local dealers vw or BMW. This is my first car I bought used fromEbay and the dealer in Ohio. See my other post.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
UK is Europe,mate;)

Or maybe at some point your windshield was replaced with the one without the hole for the VIN,who knows...
Mate I am from Romania mate. I know where UK is mate. Have some respect. I asked if I have the European version on this car that I bought in US but shipped from UK mate. Have a pint before you jump mate and thanks for the m5 help and not geography lessons.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts