BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the northeast road temps were down to the mid 20's yesterday afternoon and I was traveling on Rt22 coming out of New Jersey into Pa and the section of road has some nice bends in it which I usually enjoy at speed traffic permitting. This time trying to accelerate out of the turn I lost traction at about 6o mph without excessive throttle, it started to come around and the nannies caught it. The point is be aware how temps can change your cars traction and handling, the soft compound tires really suck when its cold out. I was always aware of it but it still almost caused a wreck.:eek:h:

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Yep, broke loose in a straight line in 3rd gear

In the northeast road temps were down to the mid 20's yesterday afternoon and I was traveling on Rt22 coming out of New Jersey into Pa and the section of road has some nice bends in it which I usually enjoy at speed traffic permitting. This time trying to accelerate out of the turn I lost traction at about 6o mph without excessive throttle, it started to come around and the nannies caught it. The point is be aware how temps can change your cars traction and handling, the soft compound tires really suck when its cold out. I was always aware of it but it still almost caused a wreck.:eek:h:
Makes for some interesting moments. Winters are going on tomorrow :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts