BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks,
I'm trying to upgrade the OEM cd changer in my 01-M5. Here are all the parts that I'm using:
1) Alpine cd changer:cha-s634
2) Soundgate DSP interface
3) Soundgate Alpine to BMW interface
4) 9v power supply provided by Soundgate
<TABLE id=ProductDetail11_Repeater1__ctl7_Table6 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR id=ProductDetail11_Repeater1__ctl7_trRProductName><TD class=Content>5)Alpine KCA-130B Ai-Net to M-Bus Adapter</TD></TR><TR id=ProductDetail11_Repeater1__ctl7_trRProductCode><TD class=Content>I've made all the connections per the installation guide. I'm able to choose a MP3 disc in changer and able to navigate thru the tracks. Interestingly, there is no sound. I've tried disconnecting and reconnecting several with the same results.
Has anyone else run into this problem? Did I miss a step? Its very frustrating...Please help.
Thanks,
David R
</TD></TR><TR id=ProductDetail11_Repeater1__ctl7_trRPriceSpacer><TD class=Content> </TD></TR><TR id=ProductDetail11_Repeater1__ctl7_trRSalePrice><TD class=Content id=ProductDetail11_Repeater1__ctl7_RecommendedSalePriceCell noWrap></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

·
Registered
298 Posts
I have no experience with your setup but I just installed a Dension Ice-link and had similar symptoms. Check the coaxial cable connection to the DSP unit. The DSP is buried against the left bulkhead of the trunk, it isn't the unit that is visible after removing the CD changer to the very rear of the trunk. Failing that I would suggest contacting Soundgate tech support to see if they can help you.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
jhowton said:
I have no experience with your setup but I just installed a Dension Ice-link and had similar symptoms. Check the coaxial cable connection to the DSP unit. The DSP is buried against the left bulkhead of the trunk, it isn't the unit that is visible after removing the CD changer to the very rear of the trunk. Failing that I would suggest contacting Soundgate tech support to see if they can help you.
Jamie,
Many thanks for your quick response. Will check it out and let you know the outcome. My guess, is I may have to replace the DSP cable.
David R

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
dravi20032003 said:
Jamie,
Many thanks for your quick response. Will check it out and let you know the outcome. My guess, is I may have to replace the DSP cable.
David R
Here we go again....Replaced the DSP cable with a brand new one from the dealer. But still no sound from the CD changer :confused2 . Please help...
Thanks,
David R

·
Registered
6 Posts
I tried this and had problems aswell. If you have the upgraded sound system the sound is carried by the optic cable, so unless the new unit has an optic out you will get no sound. Alpine changers don't have an optic out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.